Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
What are the trucks behind it? Maybe Datsun? Didn't used car lots on the west coast sell them new about that time?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just to note this is not my picture. I just thought it was a neat picture

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
In my opinion, one of the neatest 66s belongs to Bill Waters in Canada. Killer BB, 4sp, tilt and cowl plenum air cleaner!
Hey Bill, is it for sale????????

Reactions: BULKSS

·
Premium Member
66 Chevelle SS396 & 66 Chevelle 327 Convertible.
7,109 Posts
Walnut Park
Auto Sales
& Body Shop

Maybe an early collision repair.

Cool Pictures!
Had a collision with a stray dog about 6 months after I bought my 66ss in September of 65. Body shop replaced the grill with the standard grill. They later replaced the grill with the correct grill.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Had a collision with a stray dog about 6 months after I bought my 66ss in September of 65. Body shop replaced the grill with the standard grill. They later replaced the grill with the correct grill.
The original owner of my 69 Z/28 told me that it was wrecked just a few months after he purchased it new. He loaned it to a buddy while he was on his honeymoon who then had a front end collision while he was gone.
I'm sure it happened back in the day often, especially with all the street racing going on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts