Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a blue wire with a female connector on the end that I can't figure what it's for. My wiring diagram shows a blue wire with a connector taped, that traces back to the wiper motor. It seems to do nothing! I have put a meter on it, and there is no power on it with key on, or off. I have a two speed wiper motor that works perfect, my wiring harness is original and never been modified.

Rocky

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Ohm it to ground in each of the wiper positions (including "off", just for grins). Wiper motors have a constant hot when the key is on with the switch closing the ground sides of the circuit.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The blue "taped" wire shown going to the wiper is for the base one speed. When the 2 speed is installed a separate independent harness is run from the switch to the motor.This blue is dead-ended near the motor in a two wire plug (with a yellow wire).

Rene
66_Malibu

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rene,
Thanks, now that I look a little closer I see what you are talking about! I didn't notice befor that the two wire plug with the Yellow on the diagram didn't show a wire running to the wiper motor from the two wire connection!! Thats what I get for being in a hurry.

Rocky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts