Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pictured below is the business end of my "Hi Blower Relay". The upper left terminal has a black wire on it. The bottom three all have wires on them which operate the highest speed of the blower. The upper right terminal has no wire. What is the upper right terminal for?

Since the relay is not externally grounded is the upper left wire a "chassis ground" for the whole relay and the upper right just not used?

There is nothing in the car ,that I am aware of, that does not function electrically that is in any way connected to this circuit.

_ _

_

_ _

This is a 1972 Chevelle 5.7L with A/C.

Thanks guys, Bill

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
no pics just this
--

-

--

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Visualize the terminals on the hi blower relay. If I could post a pic I would have. What I tried to do was characterize the positioning of the terminals as they are on my hi blower relay and which wires are connected to them.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The relay should have 4 connections. A group of three on one side, top left (orange/bk) is power in from the horn relay, top right (dkblue) is relay coil + in from the speed switch and bottom middle (purple) out to the blower motor. To the right is a single connection that gets a (black) ground wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts