Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator support panel (top panel with coolant and engine decals) has a hole in the left middle of it as you face the engine. It appears to be factory as there is a threaded captured nut there. Any idea what went there? I have never seen another like it. At one point I believe my car had an alarm (extra hole above each door jamb switch) so I'm thinking that have been it.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Geez Mike, I thought this was gonna be x-rated

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
by any chance is there a shinny spot straight above this mystery hole ??? where the spring loaded plunger would have contacted ??

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
by any chance is there a shinny spot straight above this mystery hole ??? where the spring loaded plunger would have contacted ??
I don't think that would have contacted the rad. cover.
since it's an A/C car I'm thinkin' more like a condenser mount of some sort.

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Hey Mike, I believe your top radiator plate is a generic GM replacement panel. The original panels with the spot welded tab on the drivers side didn't have the extra hole in them. When the replacements came out, they were for Chevelles and Monte Carlos. The extra hole your talking about is for the Monte shroud to bolt to it. To make it look more correct just bondo up the hole and re-paint it. Here's a couple of pictures with the hole and the tag

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Mike, I believe your top radiator plate is a generic GM replacement panel. The original panels with the spot welded tab on the drivers side didn't have the extra hole in them. When the replacements came out, they were for Chevelles and Monte Carlos. The extra hole your talking about is for the Monte shroud to bolt to it. To make it look more correct just bondo up the hole and re-paint it. Here's a couple of pictures with the hole and the tag
That's the hole I'm talking about except I DO have the spot welded tab on the driver's side. So maybe this panel came from a Monte originally? I swear there isn't ONE thing that hasn't been replaced on this car!

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Mike. I guess I'm glad I don't have to replace it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.