Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I've just obtained a 72' Chevelle with double hump heads, holley carb, and edelbrock intake on a 350 matched to a 350 turbo trans. In exchange for the damage a freind did to my bike one afternoon. The car is in poor shape and everything needs to be redone. I am a newb to the muscle car world and will have many questions to ask. She doesn't run and only looks great in the potential that I see in her. This project will be a father son one and being that my son is only six; I don't see completing her anytime soon. I'm sure the journey will be slow, but memorable. Thanks to all in advance for helping my solve some puzzles that come with tuning.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
COngrats this is a place to get those questions answered..... Goodluck!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Welcome to Team Chevelle.

Great project for you and your boy. :thumbsup: Don't sweat it, these old cars take a bit of time. Check out my link on my signature. It will make you feel better about the condition of your Chevelle. :D My ride is still a rat, but just doing a little at a time will give you tremendous satisfaction. My two boys are learning very cool stuff at 9 and 10 years of age. Just think of the fun your boy is going to have getting good and greasy with his dad. Air tools, welders, engines, interiors...what's the rush. ;)

Many happy memories ahead. Take lots of pictures.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Welcome, Jessie! I am in the same boat (my sons are 2 and 6). My car is a long-term project as well. I have 4 cars in the driveway and my wife stays home with my kids. Needless to say the Chevelle is at the bottom of the budget priority list! Paint won't be coming for a few years but there's nothing like the smile on those boys' faces when we go for ice cream in our project car and burn some rubber down the road!

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Welcome, Jessie! I am in the same boat (my sons are 2 and 6). My car is a long-term project as well. I have 4 cars in the driveway and my wife stays home with my kids. Needless to say the Chevelle is at the bottom of the budget priority list! Paint won't be coming for a few years but there's nothing like the smile on those boys' faces when we go for ice cream in our project car and burn some rubber down the road!
Easier to quote you than re-type. I have 4 and 6 year old girls, that's the only difference. :hurray:

While it seems that everyone has a finished car, and has dumped loads of dough into theirs, don't worry. There's still plenty of us that are in the same boat as you. I'm at 6 years and counting-about 1/2 way to paint I figure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts