Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my chevelle no less...

i pulled in to a gas station, nice and easy, and as i parked, i noticed a patrol unit behind the last pump. they were looking at my car. i went inside and when i came back out they were still standing there staring. i just got in and fired it up, then as i was putting away...HEY!! YOU!!! i stopped and looked back a little at the two of them. one was grinning and the other said.. what you got in it? is it fast? you know, there's nobody around and we're from 'such and such' parish, so we wouldn't even DO anything to you if we tried. let her rip[ for us, i mean really get on it!! i thought twice about it, then did it anyways, and left a nice patch of rubber on that road by the gas station in the middle of nowhere.

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
Well, your run in was much better than mine. Going in to town today and stepped on the gas pedal of the new Mustang GT a little to hard and was clocked at 73 in a 55. Lucky for me I know someone in the DA's office and haven't had a speeding ticket in almost 5 years, so she took it easy on me. She told me I had to pay the $145 Court Fee though, and that check will be delivered tomorrow morning around 0900.

·
Registered
684 Posts
It was a trick and you fell for it... They have your license plate number and will be mailing you a ticket soon...:D

Cool Story...

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well, your run in was much better than mine. Going in to town today and stepped on the gas pedal of the new Mustang GT a little to hard and was clocked at 73 in a 55. Lucky for me I know someone in the DA's office and haven't had a speeding ticket in almost 5 years, so she took it easy on me. She told me I had to pay the $145 Court Fee though, and that check will be delivered tomorrow morning around 0900.
You shouldn't be pushing that f**d so hard, that's almost it's top speed there!

I've never heard of a mustang getting a speeding ticket, the tow truck must have been hauling a$$!

Did the cop pull over the kid on the tricycle you were racing also?

Ok, I got it out of my system!:D:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
You shouldn't be pushing that f**d so hard, that's almost it's top speed there!

I've never heard of a mustang getting a speeding ticket, the tow truck must have been hauling a$$!

Did the cop pull over the kid on the tricycle you were racing also?

Ok, I got it out of my system!:D:thumbsup:

I shouldn't have been speeding to begin with and I do know better. I'm a role model to my children and they know about the ticket. I'm ashamed at what I did and to make matters worse, I could also get in trouble with the Marine Corps. So, I screwed up once and will get punished for it twice...PRICE I PAY FOR BEING STUPID.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Sometimes cops can be cool but most of the times they are jerks. I've had the same thing happen to me; they cannot arrest you because they told you it would be alright to do it. Think of it as a waiver.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I shouldn't have been speeding to begin with and I do know better. I'm a role model to my children and they know about the ticket. I'm ashamed at what I did and to make matters worse, I could also get in trouble with the Marine Corps. So, I screwed up once and will get punished for it twice...PRICE I PAY FOR BEING STUPID.
It's just a speeding ticket. Doesn't make you a criminal. I wish I had a nickel for every cop I see violating the traffic laws.
An officer asked me the other day if my El Camino was pretty fast and I told him I didn't know. ;)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
i wouldnt know how to act if i didnt get atleast one a month.ive got every kind of speeding ticket story you need. 2 in one night at different times by the same cop,clocked at 130 on an interstate once, you name it

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
in my chevelle no less...

i pulled in to a gas station, nice and easy, and as i parked, i noticed a patrol unit behind the last pump. they were looking at my car. i went inside and when i came back out they were still standing there staring. i just got in and fired it up, then as i was putting away...HEY!! YOU!!! i stopped and looked back a little at the two of them. one was grinning and the other said.. what you got in it? is it fast? you know, there's nobody around and we're from 'such and such' parish, so we wouldn't even DO anything to you if we tried. let her rip[ for us, i mean really get on it!! i thought twice about it, then did it anyways, and left a nice patch of rubber on that road by the gas station in the middle of nowhere.

...and then I woke up and the ol'lady was standin over me with a glass of cold water, and....

·
Premium Member
17,391 Posts
Sometimes cops can be cool but most of the times they are jerks.
One day we were crusing in my buddy's '66 Mustang ( we were about 20 years old). We were sitting at a stop light, and when the light turned green my buddy nailed it, not enough to spin the tires, but quickly up to 50 in a 35 MPH zone... And here comes the police, lights and sirens...

My buddy, who is usally pretty nice, was a little arrogant (pretty much an idiot) with the officer, he wasn't even listening to the officer (I guess he figured he wasn't getting out of the ticket)... As the officer walked back to his patrol car to check my friends license, I had a little talk with my friend... It turns out, my friend wasn't paying attention; the officer was complementing him on his car and telling us how he had his own '66 Mustang at home he was working on... I told my friend to be really nice and talkative about the car. When the officer came back, we all struck up a conversation, getting out and opening the hood (well detailed engine compartment) and talking about the car...

My friend got off with a warning...

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Many, many years ago I watched a Virginia State Trooper happen upon a couple of guys lining them up on the Interstate at 2:00am. These were 10 second street cars, 1 Chevelle, 1 Vega. The trooper told the drivers he was going to turn his back and that they'd better be gone before he turned back around. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

·
Registered
801 Posts
i wouldnt know how to act if i didnt get atleast one a month.ive got every kind of speeding ticket story you need. 2 in one night at different times by the same cop,clocked at 130 on an interstate once, you name it
you still have your drivers license?:confused:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
One day we were crusing in my buddy's '66 Mustang ( we were about 20 years old). We were sitting at a stop light, and when the light turned green my buddy nailed it, not enough to spin the tires, but quickly up to 50 in a 35 MPH zone... And here comes the police, lights and sirens...

My buddy, who is usally pretty nice, was a little arrogant (pretty much an idiot) with the officer, he wasn't even listening to the officer (I guess he figured he wasn't getting out of the ticket)... As the officer walked back to his patrol car to check my friends license, I had a little talk with my friend... It turns out, my friend wasn't paying attention; the officer was complementing him on his car and telling us how he had his own '66 Mustang at home he was working on... I told my friend to be really nice and talkative about the car. When the officer came back, we all struck up a conversation, getting out and opening the hood (well detailed engine compartment) and talking about the car...

My friend got off with a warning...
I've never ever gotten a warning in my life with Reno PD and I've lived here since 1963. Now the Highway Patrol is another matter they have given my just warnings and when my car broke down on the freeway they called a tow for me and let me sit in the cruiser until the tow showed up. Every time I get pulled over by RPD they always ask me "Do you know what you did wrong"; I sometimes say in a nice tone "No, but you'll most likely tell me". or whatever and they also say things like "Aren’t you a little old to be driving a car like that", and then they write me up.... I've had my wife in the car and she will say afterwards "Boy that cop sure was rude to you", and I always tell her it been that way with RPD forever and it doesn't matter how I act.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,284 Posts
So you're the one.
I think I saw you on KCTV the other night. :D

You learn anything yet? :noway: :D

You live on Askew?

·
Premium Member
8,636 Posts
Just REMEMBER SPEED KILLS !

Drive a FORD and LIVE forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob:hurray:

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

ooohh, so then riding in a stinkin' mopar must be like drinking from the fountain of YOUTH!!!!!

:beers:

·
Registered
7,674 Posts

I don't know about that. My dad had a '57 Ford with a 406 and a 4 speed. It ran a 12.90 at 114 I believe.

·
Registered
439 Posts
A couple nights in a row, I put the old Impala SS to the test on the freeway at high speeds. The following day my Grandmother wanted me to come over and help with a little yard work. While working in the yard she mentioned, she watched on the news that cameras were recording cars on the freeway in our area speeding in the tripple digits. That they were going to issue tickets to the drivers thru the mail. Well that was months ago and no ticket thus far. Thank God! Needles to say no more tripple digits at midnight on the freeway. Do you think Grannie thinks I'm a speed demon. Just had to share this one. Thanks

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.