Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the "CHEVELLE" from the grill 10yrs ago when I got the car. Today I finally removed the Bowtie. I haven't been able to find a decent replacement Bowtie and repos are just more expensive than what it is worth to me ($65-70), so I removed it. I like it better without the Bowtie.

Which way looks better (for a non-SS car)?

And here is a friend's 70 SS.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
I think you should put your picture there :D

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Its hard to say which way is best, they both look good...

Tom, I think when you hook up with Andy duct tape Andy on the front end of your car. :D

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
No bowtie, looks way better imho

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Bowtie in place...as it should be...:cool:

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I agree, bowtie AND "Chevelle" emblem in place.

·
Registered
15,815 Posts
I like it either way, but no bowtie looks better than a bowtie that's in rough condition... I think I'd replace the bowtie with a new one since your car looks so "stock".

My favorite look for a '70 is a blacked out grille (like SS's) but with no emblem, but that really only works on a more "custom" looking car.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
I've been running mine without a bowtie or "chevelle" and I like it better that way.

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
I like the clean look!!

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
The Chevelle has spent 20 years with a plain Malibu grill (Not blacked out) and just the Chevelle emblem. A few weeks ago I put a blacked out grill in it. Looks much better now.

Oh and put both emblems on it. If not for me, do it for your country. :D

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Why not pull the inner plastic from the bowtie and paint it to match the body color. Then just polish up the bezel and put it back on. On the non-blacked out grille,I like the emblem removed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.