123 Posts
boat

ok ,so i had this 1950 dodge truck my B.I.L
asked me to sell ,i asked what it was worth here
and came up with about 4000 to 4500.
he said scrap it i said fine gave him 300
and he was happy,go figure?
anyway today buddy of mine asked if i still had
truck ,wanted to trade a boat for it ,(like i need a boat)
but i could not help it ''what boat ya got '' i says
he comes back with

18' jet boat with a 468 BBC.
i * when can i come look at it ,today
so i go out to his place , no boat where is boat
its out at his rental house , thats why i never seen
it duh!
anyway go out to look at boat , done deal right there on
the spot!!!!
its dark sparkly blue on light blue
seats 5 and has the biggest set of chrome pipes
ive ever seen!!!

i'll get pics up later

·
Registered
13,473 Posts
Soooooooooooooooo, you gonne hook it up to the Chevelle? They make a great tow vehicle for a boat! :D

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Tom....couple things seem to be missing.
1. Grill
2. Fishing Rods

I'm also making a note in the forms for paint shop to look at that trailer......:D

·
Registered
15,910 Posts
Tom....couple things seem to be missing.
1. Grill
2. Fishing Rods
No time to fish when you have an inboard V8! IMHO when it comes down to peace & quiet drinking a beer with some buds while fishing, or a V8 screaming 7000rpm with only 2" of boat touching the water, I choose 7000rpm for as long as I can afford to feed it. :yes:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
No time to fish when you have an inboard V8! IMHO when it comes down to peace & quiet drinking a beer with some buds while fishing, or a V8 screaming 7000rpm with only 2" of boat touching the water, I choose 7000rpm for as long as I can afford to feed it. :yes:

EXACTLY! I love seeing/hearing all the big block boats at Lake Havasu. They'll scream past doing 70 or 80 and my parents will nag about how loud they are and I'll just say "I know, Isn't it relaxing?":D

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
Yeah, it's really neat when a 250 horse 20' Bullet bassboat pulls by you running around 90mph.
It's amazing what a 2 stroke engine on a bassboat will do.
Cool find for you and a real deal.
Be careful. 18 ft isn't that big for an engine that size.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
70 or 80?? That used to fast back in the 80s here on lake St. Clair in Michigan. Now there is 24-40 ft boats with blown big blocks doing well over 100 in choppy water!! And those are considered "pleasure" boats.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
70 or 80?? That used to fast back in the 80s here on lake St. Clair in Michigan. Now there is 24-40 ft boats with blown big blocks doing well over 100 in choppy water!! And those are considered "pleasure" boats.

I know, but I'm talking mid day in the summer. And ask anyone who's been to havasu, thats crazy, that place is PACKED and is a small lake to begin with!

The coolest thing I've ever seen on water was when I went to work on the family boat at a lake not to far from me. It's a small sized lake, part of a time share. I went up there during december thinking there would be noone around. When I got there I see these HUGE trailers. 3 and even 4 axles boat trailers! I look out on the water and these huge cigarette boats are flying around the lake! There was one a good 2 miles out that was making a pass. This thing sounded like I stuck my ear in a big block chevy collector and revved the engine! It was LOUD! I talked to a few guys that were standing around and they are a big group of guys that do offshore racing and they were tuning the boats after all the winter upgrades. It was pretty cool! There was one there with FOUR 582's with 14-71 littlefield blowers. Man, you think a blown big block sounds nice, try four of them surging along with straight pipes! Also, a nice catamaran style boat with a 632 and a PSI screw blower on it. The guys were all cool and knew their stuff:thumbsup:

Boats are fun but I've learned from the two that I've worked on (my familes boat and our good friend's boat) they are TRULY money pits!

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
It looks even better when the cat is doing over 100 mph in 3-4 ft choppy water throwing a almost 100 ft. roostertail and then pulls up with 4 chicks with dental floss bikinis on board!! I seen a guy pull in a well a couple summers ago while at a bar on the water. I thought to myself
"Lets see...38-40 ft cat with twin blown 632s 1100 hp each...at least $650000. 250 gallon gas tank full...at least $1000. 85 degree sunny day with lots of alcohol and 4 broads with dental floss bikinis...priceless! That guy is living right!!"

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Great deal for sure, for a truck you where getting rid of anyway:thumbsup:

My dad lived in Oakville for several years, that boat probably saw nothing but fresh water its whole life. There are so many lakes in your area, that thing is going to be a blast!

·
Registered
14,704 Posts
cool deal. it just cracks me up to see a spare tire in the boat. jim

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks guys , this boat will do 90 mph, the motor is built to the hilt! big heads,big cam, 12.5 pistons ,was going to put motor in chevelle but i think it would be just a little to much.
already have nasty 383 with tunnel ram and dual carbs
thought about pulling with chevelle, but i'll just use truck
the spare rim in boat is just the rim no tire, need to find some nice wheels to put on trailer ,ones on now are little rusted.
anyway ,if it proves to be to much (if it scares the poop out of family) might just put sbc in it .
this was a spur of the moment thing ,when i seen it all i could
think about was (A) vvvvrrrrooooommmm (B) 100ft roosters
(C) my boat can kick your boats but lol (D) vvvvvvrrrrooommm!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts