Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a well maintained 95 M3 with 118k miles. What amazes me is the car is 12 years old, and has almost no rattles or squeaks. It's also amazingly quiet inside the car, at least compared to what I'm used to. I can't say the same for my the '02 z28 or even the '00 C5 I owned,both had their share of annoying noises. The other big impression it makes is how smooth it is, the engine, drivetrain, handling.
It's not the fastest thing on the road, but it's a pleasure to cruise around in.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Brian,
Looks good. I don't think you can go wrong. That seems like low miles for a car 12 years old. As long as you got a good deal, you will be fine. Is that a 5 speed? Should be fun to drive too.

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
Looks cool Brian :thumbsup: BTW on the road noise, did the Vette and Camaro have T-tops/targa top? Those options on the GM cars do have a lot of road noise. I can see a big difference between my Monte SS (no t-tops) vs my 96 T/A which pretty much is all glass from the neck up. T/A still feels pretty tight at 90k miles otherwise though. Good Luck with the M3.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Well,they're definitely apples and oranges. I'll have another chevelle at some point, but this thing is hard to beat for a daily driver.
just giv'n you tha business Brian. Actually that is a nice car you have there, I've had one, a Benz, Lexus as my business cars before. The Benz was my favorite. Check the head gaskets and timing chain....other than that I can't think of any real issues I had with mine.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, my vette and both camaros I've heard were t-tops, or targa top in the case of the vette. There was always some rattling and squeaking going on. On the camaro I went on a crusade to stop all the rattles. I pulled the entire interior, dynamatted, reinforced stuff...it didn't help. Hell, my chevelle had fewer rattles than that thing. :)

Luke, I have a 4x4 pickup for the rare occassion that it snows here. I've personally pulled this M3 out of the ditch twice in icy conditions (previous owner is a good friend and former roommate), it is all but impossible to drive in snow/ice.

David, yeah it's a 5 speed, no OD.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Have heard of issues with water pump impellers breaking off because they are plastic. However, the one I replaced was on a late 98 325. May not have anything to do with the M3 cars.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have heard of issues with water pump impellers breaking off because they are plastic. However, the one I replaced was on a late 98 325. May not have anything to do with the M3 cars.
Yeah, that's true. this one has already had the water pump replaced with the upgraged version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.