Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New 2 piece rear main 4 bolt Block, bored .030
Eagle Cast Steel Crank, internal balanced
Eagle 6" Forged steel I Beam Rods
SRP Forged pistons
AFR 195s
CNC Port Matched Victor Jr. for Felpro 1205
750 Holley DP
Comp Cams Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller, Billet Core on a 112 lsa installed straight up
236/242 .555/.576 lift with 1.6 full roller rockers
CR 10.2:1

So i was looking for something serious, idles nice, and pulls to 6000rpms, no juice, just all motor.

· Registered
215 Posts
Great street strip combo;

When you say 112LSA straight up, do you really mean it will be installed at 112 ICL?

Whats the car weight/trany/rear gearing? and what header size will you be using.

With the AFR's and their excellent exhaust flow numbers, I would use 1.6 on the intake and 1.5 on the exhaust.....it is something you can interchange and see the results for yourself..........Just my opinion!

Depending on your intended usage, a RPM air gap may be another consideration!

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Thats what I was thinking. If it doesnt run like you think it should, its probably cause its installed on a 112(if thats what you meant). Id try it around 106. Experimenting with rockers wont hurt either if thats an option. If you do have a set of 1.5's available to you, its worth trying. Probably not worth paying for though(at least for me) if you had to buy rockers.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boldm said:
Great street strip combo;

When you say 112LSA straight up, do you really mean it will be installed at 112 ICL?

Whats the car weight/trany/rear gearing? and what header size will you be using.

With the AFR's and their excellent exhaust flow numbers, I would use 1.6 on the intake and 1.5 on the exhaust.....it is something you can interchange and see the results for yourself..........Just my opinion!

Depending on your intended usage, a RPM air gap may be another consideration!
its ground on whatever comps specs are...4 degree advance or something?? anyways..i was discussing different cam positions with other gurus and playing around on Desktop dyno, so what i meant was using examples such retarding the cam 4 degrees which gave more top end, or advancing the cam 4 degrees gave more low end..anyways, its just installed straight up according to comps recommendation.thats what i meant.

Car weight is 3300 and TKO500 will be going in, and I'm running the stock posi 3.08 rear. Headers are 1 5/8"

1.5 on the exhaust side does sound like a good idea, however, i never tried it..i did like 1.6s all around over 1.5s on other mule engines my engine builder has built.

RPM Air Gap is next on the shopping list, and I'll be interchanging to see which will give me better street characterisitics, especially since i won't be seeing anything past 6000rpm. I've talked to some guys that say they havent noticed much difference on the street with the Vic Jr...who knows? I alreayd had the Victor Jr. port matched, hence why i went with it right now.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
greg_moreira said:
Thats what I was thinking. If it doesnt run like you think it should, its probably cause its installed on a 112(if thats what you meant). Id try it around 106. Experimenting with rockers wont hurt either if thats an option. If you do have a set of 1.5's available to you, its worth trying. Probably not worth paying for though(at least for me) if you had to buy rockers.
what i meant was the cam was ground on a 112, instead of comps regular 110.
If i didn't have to buy another set of rockers, i'd try it...but i like the higher lift the 1.6s give.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts