Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I know all of you are die hard fans of this site but my husband does not neet to be encouraged by you guys. It is like giving an alcoholic a taste of tequila. He visits this site daily and always wants to either buy a new car or buy another part for his Chevelle. Please do not encourage him anymore! We now have 5 cars, 3 are running and now y'all are encouraging him to buy a Camaro. I am now seeking therapy for the man. Thanks for your cooperation : )
Kelly

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
theres a good side to iddiction of this site,its alot better than drug or alcohol,I went through alcohol addiction and that really sucked!my women gets mad at me to,but it could be worst.this site is very addictive,Iv started to spend on the shovel again,cool!gene chas needs to seek real - help(just kiddin gene)If we were not so die hard to this site ,It would fade away to dust.UNCOOL! I can see it now ,10 years from now all the members of team chevelle sittin in a room with a shrink,sweat runnin down our faces and shakin,stompin our feet chanting-I GOT TO GET OFF THE SITE ! IGOT TO GET OFF THE SITE! IGOT TO GET OFF THE SITE!be cool though,Id get to meet all the members.good day 67rat member #199 p.s. I know where there is a 70 396 4-speed cheap,owner must sell,gettin devorced.67rat

[This message has been edited by 67RAT (edited 08-20-99).]

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
hey Rat-
Where's the 70? If its anywhere near upstate NY, I'll use the ploy of visiting grandparents and I'll drive it home!

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
In process of finding a 65
Team Chevelle Member #71

·
Registered
66 Posts
Now how did this happen?

I admit it... I gotta problem. I'm addicted to cars... 'specially Chevys. What can I do? I guess I gotta feed the need...

Gonna have to go and burn the road up tomorrow afternoon, guys and gals. Once Kel gets in that Chevelle and smells the rubber burnin' she'll want me to finish her 'vette and then start on the '51!

What to do.....

·
Registered
339 Posts
I'm beginning to see what C Schu's real problem might be. Not cars. Is this a happy marriage? (aw cummon, just kidding) tom

·
Registered
994 Posts
Seriously though, as long as your visiting this site you can't be out working on your cars or running around town, street racing etc,etc

------------------
"Like-em-All" "Help-em-All"
"Race-em-All" "Lose-a-Lot"
"Always faster bench racing"

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've been told many times it's a sickness,If it is i'm very happy being sick

------------------
Ray{Surrey BC}
65SS chevelle
65 chevelle 2dr
65 el camino
64 el camino
etc.
team #241 gold

[This message has been edited by 65ss (edited 08-20-99).]

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
U must know my bride,,, she has given up,, its easier to give in come away from the dark side,,, into the world of Big Block Chevrolets :0) L89SEDAN

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
One thing I told my wife ( BTW I've been there once before ,live and learn ) is that you take me for what I am. And you don't try to change folks. And vice versa.

There are some badly twisted folks out there.No need to list here. The kind of people you'd like to see disembowled and strung up from a phone pole, like Mussolini.

Loving the feel of a well tuned machine, the smell of partially burnt gas in the exhaust because of the cam's overlap, and the rush of adrenaline when 500 ponies hooks up to the tarmac, I don't consider those things socially deviant or destructive. If you think they are, leave, and maybe you'll luck out and find a wife beater, child molester or some other such chicks&^t scum.

Kel, if you got a good man you stick by 'em and let him indulge himself in good clean fun. There is nothing psychologically wrong here!

But like 67RAT said, I'm beyond repair. I believe in truth and the power of reason not $200 an hour shrinks and psycho drugs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In Kel's defense, she just got finished taking a mechanic class through the mail courtesy of NRI. Lotsa good info in those books. Some of it has even helped. I think that she is just scared that we will end up with a 30 car garage. We are looking for a house right now, and while she looks at landscaping and layout, I'm checking out the garage to see if it has ample support for an overhead engine hoist....

All kidding aside, she is an excellent gal. Wouldn't trade her for any amount of money (or torque), her post was more of a joke betwixt us.... I think that she will even be visiting this site as much as I do in the near future (maybe not quite as often)...

Keep up the good work, y'all. This is a super friendly site.

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
C Schu, It looks like you better help Kel get that vette going or she'll do it by herself.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
c Schu, you're kiddin! A gal that knows her way around an engine bay. That's totally cool. You, Sir, are a very lucky man!!!

Kel, you'll have to let em have a bigger than average outbuilding to keep the clutter dowm.

You both have a great weekend

·
Registered
48 Posts
we all have our problems, my wife is actually glad mine is out in the garage, and not some where else, you've got a great ol, so do i, i just can't covince her that the chevelle comes first! just kiddin! i think!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.