Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Figured I would share my find on the forum since I know a lot of you are fellow build sheet nuts. :D I'm more of a fullsize guy but always check the chevelles for build sheets when I am in a junkyard.

I've found 70 chevelle sheets from Balto and Kan but this is the first sheet I have found from a Atlanta 70 Chevelle, which is no surprise as you don't see many in the northeast. This one must be a record as the car was shipped all the way to CT!

I was kind of in a rush in the yard and flipped up the back seat bottom that was loose and the left half of the build sheet was still in the springs. Looks like they folded it in half before sticking it in the springs.

It was really dried out but I taped up what I got and took a pic to post. I think the sheet is a mismatch because the car I got it from was 136390A173174. I'll have to get the cowl tag picture when I go back and possibly check behind the door panels. And this should be a nice change from the usual sport coupe and SS396 build sheets posted on here. ;)

I wonder if it might be a good idea to create a sticky thread at the top, which goes into detail showing build sheet locations for each plant and year. I know that subject comes up frequently on here.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
My ATL built '70 had one build sheet in the rear seat bottom springs and another glued to the backside to the driver's door panel...facing outward. :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
I wonder if it might be a good idea to create a sticky thread at the top, which goes into detail showing build sheet locations for each plant and year. I know that subject comes up frequently on here.
It will be coming out in a book in the not too distant future by a very well known and respected author.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be coming out in a book in the not too distant future by a very well known and respected author.
Interesting. What's the topic of the book going to be? I've always thought of writing one for the fullsize cars but that would be a number of years in the future. I don't know the authors very much except Colvin so I'm guessing it's someone else.

Rick, do you have pictures of any build sheets from Maine dealers?

Warren

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't normally post in such an old thread but I wanted to mention that I made it back to the yard I got this build sheet from. The vin to the actual car is 136390A173174 so it is a mismatch for sure. I have pics of the tags if any of you build sheet guys want to see them. Car was build 06C and sheet was printed on 06-09

Wish there were more Atlanta Chevelles up here to look for sheets! :D

Warren

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
kind of cool that you found this build sheet in a 13639 4dr. notch back,hard top 4 window sedan. The build sheet is actually for a 13669 4dr. notch back,pillar 4 window sedan.
Paint code 58=Autumn gold metallic with code 58=Autumn gold vinyl roof. 776=Gold cloth interior. Wow...someone really liked gold...lol. Sporting a 250HP 307 engine and PG trans with an open 3.08 rear. :beers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts