Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can someone tell me what the benefit is in having a (casting # 330817)400 block with 350 (3978487x) heads ? I may want to trade my engine for something smaller along with the tranny (th400) because i cant drive it on the expressway since i have no overdrive an plus i wont be racing this car either !

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt buy the car to race or anything so i just wanted a old car to cruise on the weekends an be able to drive it for a bit on the e way ! I'm not rebuilding the engine as it doesnt need to be rebuilt an i have no idea what gear is back there but the speedo is way off an car takes off the like crazy compared to my impala !!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh an i'm asking about the combo because thats what the car has an this is how i bought it and was curious as to see if there is a benefit running these 350 heads on the 400 block !!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Sounds like you have some gear in the car ? You need to give more info on the engine. Was it a performance rebuild ? My take on your heads is the 487x heads have bigger runners to make more power. They would have to be drilled for steam holes to work on your 400. If the motor is not to wild for you why not swap in a od tranny or a set of rear gears to make it more highway friendly. You can get speedo gears for the tranny to dial in your speedo if it's off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.