Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First i'd like to thank L89Sedan who talked me out of getting a different car before i even saw this one.
genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com (look under Mass Chapter Chris Clark)Go take a look for yourselfs and tell me what you think of my 500 HP baby =) eheh

Thanks for all your help guys in helping me choose the right car ! couldnt have done it without ya'll

-Chris

[This message has been edited by 454 (edited 07-24-99).]

·
Registered
816 Posts
Looks awsome. In a couple years mine will look like that except everything that is white on yours will be gold on mine. I have the 71 Malibu from Canada on the GenX page. I'll also have a .40 over 454 in mine in a couple weeks that's gonna break 500 horses, can't wait, i've never driven any vehicle with a BB before

------------------
Chris Dagenais
CST Kelsey
'71 Malibu soon to be 454!
http://member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks great. I usually don't like aftermarket wheels but they seem to "belong" on your car. What color is that, black or green?

------------------
Mike
formerly known as gotapileof70Malibu (so add 80 to my number of posts)
'70 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a forest green, i'll get a better pic up and link to it, that was just a quick group of scans i made =)

-Chris

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for the origonal crappy scans ect. heres a few pics that are much better

go here http://genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com/ and scroll down to Mass. Chapter to see the below pics, the server wont let us use an external link to view them.. sorry =(

genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com/cclark71ext.jpg Exterior shot.

genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com/cclark71int.jpg Interior shot.

genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com/cclark71me.jpg Me standing by car with Fiberglass hood off.

genxrodsandcustoms.8m.com/cclark71eng.jpg Engine shot.

Ok this is the last stuff im gonna post unless other wise requested. =) Thanks again for all your guys help with choosing the car.
-Chris

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya... the server dosent let you link to files from other locations.. sorry i didnt realize it .. try the link now.. sorry

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buddy, the car is exactly the way it was when i bought it, but if you'll give me some idea of what to look for i'd be more than happy to anwer anyquestions you have =)

-Chris

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
8500$

·
Registered
336 Posts
Even though I bought my 73 for $250 back in Sept of 89, if I dared to add up all of my reciepts since then, I will blow right by your price of $8500, and if you saw my car in the GenX page next to yours, none of that was spent on bodywork. But I have driven it about 50K miles or so over that time. If I could start over, I would buy something like your car, good body and paint maybe needs some work.

Frank

------------------

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya i got a small bit of rust behind back wheels and a Very Little bit of bubble rust on the trunk. But everything else is pretty much right on, so i figure once i take care of that and paint over it will come out at about 9500, 10000 total for the car, which isnt too bad. Thanks for all the kind words guys! =)

-Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
The car looks nice. I have a 71 SS454 also, its the same color and in as good of condition. I did all of the work myself. And now that it's done I am thinking of selling it. You got a great deal on that car it's a nice one. I would ask about $6000 more for mine than you paid for yours. I am in southern New Hampshire what part of Mass are you in?

Have fun with the car,

Scott

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im in upper mid-east mass, funney thing about your local, i just bought this car from a guy in south new hampshire, in the area of hampton beach i think. Well good luck selling your car bud. I would have paid about 5000more for my car than i bought it for, so i think you shouldnt have a problem selling it. Also i saw the add for my car in the Want-Ad, you should stick an add there, its free i believe. And it gets out all around NE. Good luck.

-Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.