Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I decided to take my car out yesterday to pick up some pizza, even though its missing about half a fender. Anyway, a few miles down the road it started sputtering and backfiring bad, it wouldnt go over 2k rpm. I pulled over, and found one of the plug wires wasnt on very good. I plugged it back in, and revved it in neutral and no problems. Soon as I put it in gear it started sputtering and backfiring again. Also, the car seems to be sitting funny, I noticed this in my driveway but I just thought the ground sloped. The car seems to dive towards the right front, I noticed yesterday that it is actually sitting like this! I have no idea what could be wrong, it has new springs and new shocks! Its kinda disturbing when this much happens when I dont drive the car for 2 weeks....

------------------
Justin Kramer
[email protected]
1968 Chevelle 300 Deluxe Sport Coupe 350ci
1978 Malibu Classic 305ci
"Goes real slow with the hammer down!"

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hey there, I have an idea what is could be. There could be water because of condensation built up in your ditributor cap. Pull the cap off and check it out, there should be none. If not, check your points (if you have any) to see if they are within spec or fried, plugs for fouling, timing correct, etc. Also, there might not be enough fuel pressure for some reason, clogged filter or non functioning pump or fuel line that is kinked. There are other reasons for this, including jumped timing chain, but I would check these first. The sagging in the front, if they are all new sprngs, one of them could be either installed wrong (no offense) in front or rear, not sitting in the a arm right. Check the suggestions first, then post what you find, good luck.

------------------
My70ChevelleSS

·
Registered
114 Posts
If it is condensation in your distributor, take the cap off and spray lighter fluid inside (small amount),light it, and it will evaporate the water.<i>Presto</I>, good as new!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.