Team Chevelle banner

My baby wont fire - 69 camino

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ss396boy 
#1 ·
well i was driving down the road, about a block away from my house thankfully, when my car just died on me. i was able to push it back to my house to start working in it. now she starts to turn over but wont fire. i just replaced the the cap and rotar on my distributer, still wont fire. there also looks like a new oil leak has just sprung due to this. any help that i could get will make bring my baby back to life my eaiser. i drive a 69 el camino w/ a 350. thanks alot everyone.

#5 ·
yes it turns over, another thing i just checked was to see if i was getting spark. i unpluged one of the spark plugs and check it and i got nothing. its losing current somewhere. still no idea so im on my way to the store to pick up a kit with ignition break points and a new condenser. what do you all think?

#7 ·
update,

i just installed a new ignition control module, on top of cap, rotar, and coil. still engine is turning over but not firing. could it be alternater, or fuel filter or pump. i dont know! you all have been great help anything else you can give me will be much appreciated.

#8 ·
gotta back up. you said points first, now your saying module. So 1st off. do you have a HEI or points style ignition? If points style, change the condensor and set the points.
IF HEI, change the module, make sure its good. have a parts store test it for you. Check to make sure your getting voltage to the cap. If you have to, make a jumper wire. jump from the battery to the bat. terminal on the cap. make sure your coil is good. jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.