Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..i have a question that may seem dumb to most of you.I have a 66 elky that i have restored.i think she is a beutifull piece of wor.However i dont see many 66 el caminos around...are they as nice looking as i think or is it a car that isnt auto thta isnt very well liked.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I have one and think they are great looking. If I didn't have one, I'd still think they look great.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street
Pat's Page (CR Calculator, Utilites, car specs)

·
Registered
982 Posts
A 66 ElKy Can BEE a realpurdy caaar IF ya LIKE thaft ssirta thing.I had a salami samwich and it tsdfted gud .you like fud too> Me like elky. 5 dollars? get outta here

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I's gots me a 67 Camino and were thinkn of beating the edgs of da fendrs with a hammer to make it look like a 66. Cause I liks dem so much.

Steve R.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a '66 and I never see them around either.. all I see are '65 and '67 EC around here. And they are all black. So much for painting mine black...

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
?What?

Let's see, you have a '66 Elky that you liked enough to restore - and now you are worried about what other people think...seriously?

On the subject of '66 and '67 Elkys styling. I have always thought the designers got the two years mixed up on the front and rear styling. I really think a '67 front clip is stylistically more in tune with the '66 tail section, and that the '66 wrap around grill extentions go better with the '67 wrap around taillight.

Thomas

------------------
"Bomber" '67 El Camino, Beater comes back to life.
Was 350/TH350 14.90 @ 93mph, 360,000+ miles on car
Now 406 roller, 340rwhp, more hp coming, 3.08 gears
Street radials, left in drive, 13.20 [email protected] mph
8/1/01 added Plum Mist '67 to collection
*New* 468 on its way - going Big Block!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.