Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Just picked up a 66 chevelle ss! Can't wait to get started on it. I've tried doing some research on what features are rare etc. I was decoding the body trim tag and it's a black bucket seat imitation leather car with a two speed potatoe glide and a center console in mareida maroon. I purchased a 396 out of a 66 impala as well as a 4 speed Muncie to put in the car. I'm Just curious if these options are common because I was unaware that ss cars even came with the power glides(slides)! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Sounds just like mine, except the color and you did well there. Always liked maroon. Mine could have been a 360hp SS as it has the correct radiator for it, but I'll never know, and it was originally a power glide car with the console. Enjoy the project and post up some pics, we all love them.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
don't have a 66 but my 67 came with a 396/325 powerglide, a/c and 3.55 rear gears... guess you could "burger king" these cars back then.
now a days a 496/607 and a 700r4 with 3.42 gears are in it. guess I "burger kinged" it myself !! Enjoy !!

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
I love '66 SS Chevelles and I love maroon. Have fun making it the car of your dreams!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts