Chevelles.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is just a quick introduction to myself and my car.

I have a 1967 Malibu that I recently picked up here in Vancouver. It’s actually my first muscle car and I am in love with it.

It’s had a lot of work done to it, it came with a filing cabinet of receipts/invoices that I am still sorting through and a detailed appraisal. Virtually all of the work was done around 15 years ago and it then sat in storage for 10 years. Someone else bought it in 2016 and has now been sold it to me.

What I know about it:

4 bolt 350 cid
700r4 with shift kit
Stock diff :(
Flowmaster exhaust
Nitrous

Body is great and the interior has been reupholstered but there are numerous odds and ends that were not finished, it came with a box of parts including the badging and trim (some of which needs replaced).

I’ve definitely got some questions about it, looking forward to chatting.

Thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Welcome, great looking car. I would leave the nitrous on the bench but that’s me.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Nice looking and nice sounding car!

Reminds me of when I first got my 66. The previous owner swapped in a 350 and did a lot of other work, and left a lot of things untouched as well, but provided very little info for me to run with. Needless to say I've learned a hell of a lot as I got to know my car, and have had tons of fun along the way. This forum has been a great resource for me and I hope it is for you too. Don't be afraid to ask any questions as you get to know your 67!

Reactions: davewho1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice looking and nice sounding car!

Reminds me of when I first got my 66. The previous owner swapped in a 350 and did a lot of other work, and left a lot of things untouched as well, but provided very little info for me to run with. Needless to say I've learned a hell of a lot as I got to know my car, and have had tons of fun along the way. This forum has been a great resource for me and I hope it is for you too. Don't be afraid to ask any questions as you get to know your 67!
Thanks! Yea, that sounds very similar but I am fortunate to have a bit of a paper trail to piece together. I can't wait to dig deeper and start setting it up the way I want it.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Chevelle SS396
8,170 Posts
That's a good looking '67. (y)

Congrats on your new car - welcome to Team Chevelle - the '67 Chevelle is the 1st car I fell in love with, (besides the 1956 Chevy Bel-Air my parents had when I was born) until I saw a '66 Malibu, and the '67 was relegated to 2nd place.

Is that Gun Metal Grey?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's a good looking '67. (y)

Congrats on your new car - welcome to Team Chevelle - the '67 Chevelle is the 1st car I fell in love with, (besides the 1956 Chevy Bel-Air my parents had when I was born) until I saw a '66 Malibu, and the '67 was relegated to 2nd place.

Is that Gun Metal Grey?
Thanks a lot, definitely both good years for the Chevelle.

The paint is described as "Silverglaze Metallic" in the appraisal. It was painted around 2008 but since then it has collected a fair amount of scratches, I want to try and buff some of them out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts