Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of music do you like?

Any tunes, that are chevelle related by widespread support?

Official Chevelle anthem is the big block rumble, of course..

Any DJ-s or band people here? Mostly rock n roll "kids", i figure, tho..

Do #s matchers match the top 40 of the production date also?

Let me know, K?

vortech08
europe

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
vortech
bruce springstien,s thunder road is cool.foreigner,s rev on the red line is great, charlie daniels uneasy rider is cool,alway pictured him driving a 65 chevelle in that song.409 ,lil gto, hagars trans am.I like all rock and metal music,Like the beatles,hendrix,hey some 50 stuff is cool,I like every thing that makes noise. 67rat member #199

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Old time 50s Rock and Roll, ESPECIALLY ELVIS BEFORE he went into the Army. And believe it or not, DISCO! That's right, Travolta and I can dance to that stuff all night long. If I had a heart attack and died while dancing to good Disco, or augered in with a P-51, either one would be OK. By the way, I'm supposed to get a ride in Miss America soon (a P-51 racer).

------------------

·
Registered
75 Posts
Music: What I listen to: Here's the list, and don't think of me as a Dice Clay wannabe.
*Country and Western (especially the divas like Shania Twain)
*Rat Pack classics (Frank Sinatra, et.al.)
*Hip-hop/Rap (I am not black, but grew up with this kind of music)
*60s classics from the hippie era

------------------
Weyoun X (the tenth clone)
descendant of a former Chevelle owner

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/lonestarclassics/acar.html

1969 Chevelle Memories Page
http://members.tripod.com/~seributra_d/time_and_memories.htm

Chevelles (and A-cars) On Screen
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5196/a_car.html

Disco-Era Classics
http://homepages.go.com/~55498/hooptie.htm

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hands Down Favorite for any classic car:
Fuel by Metallica. The video is cool, the song is cool, and it sounds right coming from the speakers of a classic.

Besides that, anything any person likes to listen to just as long as you can't hear it four blocks away.
--Amanda

PS: Sometimes I put in opera while cruising the El Camino just to watch people trip!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone hear the new band called Chevelle?? I saw the video on Mtv the other day. It's a heavier type music, which is cool to me, & they sound alot like Tool. I think i'll pick it up just cause they have a cool name.

I like everyhting from oldies to Alternative, minus the country.

Jake

------------------
Tubby's Drive In
www.ecsi.net/homedir/jake

·
Registered
144 Posts
My top 5 choices for a Chevelle Anthem (besides the rumble of the engine):

1. George Thourogood "Bad to the Bone"
2. Golden Earring "Radar Love"
3. George Thourogood "Who do you Love"
4. Steppenwolf "Born to be Wild"
5. Bruce Springsteen "Born in the USA"

I love all types of music (from Korn to the Beach Boys and everything else in between), but I love listening to classic rock or cruising music while in the car. Maybe it makes me feel cool, I don't know. Although I like the music, I just don't think its right for my car to be cranking Tool or Wu-Tang Clan while I cruise.

------------------
Jeremy J. Bennett
72 Chevelle

·
Registered
150 Posts
I listened through that Chevelle groups CD today...they do sound a lot like Tool.

I listen to various music punk(Screeching Weasel, Nofx, Pennywise), some alternative, new and old heavy metal (Korn, Deftones, Metallica, Megadeth...), 80's Hard Rock (Ratt, Skid Row..), Classic rock (Pink Floyd, Boston, Cheap trick, ZZ Top, Black Sabbath) And some more mellow stuff like U2 and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

BTW- nothing to do with the topic but got to love the Speedvision reruns of 50's and 60's NASCAR!

------------------
JT
71 SS 350 soon to be Vortec 355 then a 454
www.angelfire.com/co/KellyMotorsports

·
Registered
421 Posts
Commander Coday and his Lost Planet Airmen doing Hot Rod Lincoln!

I even have an MP3 of it.

------------------
Francis Taracido
[email protected]
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.
Oh No! You Know She's Got To Go!
Go Go Quadzilla!
members.aol.com/sniper0666/page/index.html

·
Registered
948 Posts
I listen to a lot of different music. Limp Bizkit, The Doors, Kid Rock, Steppenwolf, etc. My friend has that Chevelle album. They're pretty good also. You have to listen to all types of music to appreciate music. I'd have to say "Born to be Wild" is the best cruising song, but its even better with motorcycles.

·
Administrator
15,343 Posts
One of my favorites is Tanya Tucker's remake of the song "not fade away". If you remember the the movie Christine they used the original song at the beginning of the movie (along with bad to the bone). Once the guy dies on the assembly line in Christine and then the movie fades to 1978 and the blue Charger rolls in the driveway they change to the TT version. Plus for you youngins that never saw Her 1978 T-N-T album(song was also on that),you sure missed a heck of a fold out
hotpants and all........oops sorry lost my place.
Another favorite is the end of "Dazed and Confused" when that cool black Chevelle goes driving off with the soundtrack kicking into "fox on the run" by Sweet and then kicking over to a KISS song. Lots others but these are 2 that stick in my brain........Lets Cruise!!

------------------
Jeff ACES#841 TCG#158
68 SS396(454)
68 L78 Project
87 MC SS

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Vortech08, I was thinking of making a tape for cruise events in the '67. Am radio only so a boom box is required. The soundtrack from "Apocolypse Now" is what I had in mind. Stones, Hendrix, etc. My taste in music is a alot broader than that, but lets call it "Vietnam era hard rock". Effin A.

·
Gold Founding Member
1,348 Posts
AllTime best crusin song Highway star Deep Purle I think I can thank that casette fo about 6 tickets in the late 70s early eightys Any thing from springstein Sammy Hagar did have some cool stuff as alredy mentioned esp on his Street machine Album Mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like all good ones from any style. Besides the rock classics we all know and love, the creative styles of today are techno and drum n bass, basically the same what rock was in 50s and 60s.

But you cant really cruise with hard stomping techno, cuz you are going to bang your head and hands to the beat and can not steer well..

Trance and drum n bass are better for driving, as they are faster and not about beats really but "floating" synth patterns and other instuments or bass-line, all that keeps your body down to earth and mind in heaven, absolutely great for long high-speed driving. Both are in essence fast guitar-rock, (guitars have been replaced with Roland 303s in trance, dnb has breaks, bass-line and other stuff).

Detroit and Chicago have a good techno scene, trance is almost 100% German and UK stuff, drum and bass was UK stuff, now everywhere.

San Francisco and NYC have a good scene, too..

All that is by no means to undermine the rock, on the contrary. Bad to the bone, born to be wild (in the usa
), stones, hendrix, metallica, doors etc etc etc are forever my favos and go with the car scene since day one!

Gene, you gotta be my clone or smth. Apocalypse Now is my #1 movie and #1 soundtrack (real double-CD trip)! The movie itself is too short, imo. Only 2:26, should be like 5 hours or so, to have it all played out..

BTW, #2 is 2001: a space odyssey by Stanley Kubrick, #3 Blade Runner by Ridley Scott. Both with superb soundtracks.

"The ride of the valkyres" by Wagner is the best tune for racing
Scares the hell out of slopes (that is F*rds
)
Aah, Valkyre... XB-70 Valkyre- one of the greatest planes ever made...

Also dig the enthralling "Strange voyage", that should be longer, tho, like half an hour not 5 minutes.. I put the track on loop, does the trick quite well..

Vortech08
Europe

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hafta say that Booker T and the mg's Green Onion always works for me when i am racing

ZZtop, Led Zeplin, Skynard all get good playing time too.

------------------

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Vortech, I didn't even know there was a soundtrack from Apocalyse! I would definitely edit out "The End", just because it's too wierd pscyche. Maybe a "Gene's Mix" of Hendrix, Joplin, Stones and a few other notables from the late sixties.

Apocalypse is my favorite "war" movie. Note that some SF advisors did indeed report that conflict in SE Asia was not winnable due to ****************************************************************************************************** about politicians and Henry Kissinger wasting lives! I hope there is a judgement day and that our Maker does have a less forgiving malevolent side. Doom to those bastards. And you wonder why I get so fired up about Vietnam when I was only 7 years old during Tet and obviuosly never in country. Sorry, I'll never bring this up again.

Does anybody remember "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath? I think it's on the witch album. Yup. They were talking about Hank Kissinger.(They didn't know it.) Biggest SOB of our time. LBJ was a chicken****. See why I'm not in gov't anymore.

But I digress...

Glad to hear of all the ZZTOP fans. Blues is my favorite. Early TOP, simple, non multitracked, 4 track in the garage type of stuff.

Vortech you have a keen knowledge of music.I played professionally from 1977-1981. Bass. Was a kid. $100 a night + studio stuff. Big $$ then.Most $$ doing C/W, but some studio stuff for rockabilly/jazz. Started with the mandolin when I was 7/8 or so.Ukrainian folk orchestra.Gave it all up second year of college.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 07-16-99).]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gene, do you have the Michael Herr´s book "Despatches"? Great stuff! He was a journ. in nam, also wrote the AN narrations (at least).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
War (or military conflict to be correct) was about many things, feeding the military industry, drawing the attention off from domestic problems etc etc etc, Kissing & co did not have to push the war really...

BTW, forgot "Das Boot" (directors cut!) and Terminator 2, from my movie top list... guess what? good soundtracks as well!

And BTW "The End" is the first and the last song on AN ST, so two different versions..

Also check out the Apocalypse Now Tribute page (by Panu, a finnish guy):

http://film.tierranet.com/films/a.now/

And put me in the ZZ-Top fan list also!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Vortech, I was just going to go back up and edit out that whole reference to 'Nam and the reports. It's not relevant here and the stuff was classified. I don't need IRS audits or any other petty reprisals. But that's why I get so inflamed about government, "the good guys",. IMO government is inherently bad. And I think America's founding Fathers figured that out before they wrote up the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Today's politicos don't care about individual rights anymore. Or the truth.

Back to music...

Oh and should I reference one of my favorite traveling tunes.. Truckin' Grateful Dead off the American Beauty album. Most Dead isn't really cruising music, but this tune certainly is.

I was wondering ( not being a numbers matcher) where I could dig up a list of top hits in 1967.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.