Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
That was on there last year. He needs to find a different approach or market it some other way. Certainly alot of value there but it's not the type of thing to sell on ebay.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
It would be fun to roam around. Is it worth 1.5M? Maybe. Most stuff looks in pretty bad shape, especially outside stuff. It would take a select crew to go through things, build what you could, clean, store and itemize the rest for sale or use.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Like I said the last time was all we need is 15,000 TC members to donate $100 and we would have a peice of that action:D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You know, the envriomental impact and cleanup cost needed to transfer ownership would more than double the asking price.
Listed SEVERAL times......odd thing is I've googled him, the area,the business.....and NOTHING. Very odd ...bet that ole feller would shoot you before selling you a part......or let that dang pack of hounds eat you.
Like he said the environmental impact fees would eat you alive...and he has let most of it ruin. Saw some really cool stuff.....but really odd with all the muscle car nuts...somebody hasn't snagged that deal. There IS stuff...but somethings hiding.

·
Registered
657 Posts
WOW.......... :eek:.. Now I know where my '67 goat, '68 442 and '69 428CJ Cyclone went to. :D

·
Premium Member
3,222 Posts
That was fun to look at! :hurray:

What a collection of Muscle Car parts.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I wonder how much it costs to list that? Wasted alot of money just listing it. I bet it needs to be sold and moved for epa reasons.
yep...that would be my guess too. With that many cars and parts.....do any of the rest of you find it odd......nobody knows who he is???? bet his wife is buried out there some where.........:yes:

·
Registered
320 Posts
That is the coolest thing I have seen in a while. It would be like travelling back in time just visiting there.

Not much of a marketing job, but WOW hes got more amazing cars and parts than anybody for sure. Hes probably got more than 1.5 m of his own money in that collection.

Im hardly an expert on the scrap business, but even if you culled it and kept the good stuff the scrap metal alone would be worth a fortune. You just need 1.5m, an army of (knowlegeable) people to sort out whats worth keeping, a fleet of transport trucks, and a sizeable facility, and youre in business

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
fleet of transport trucks is correct ....it'd cost you half MIL to move that stuff.....If I bought it, I'd want a 3 year contract on his liability against any "funny state" business that may be lurking and time to move it off that property somewhere else more manageable.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have talked to Bruce (who owns the farm) also have called him many times. i had a line on 2 69 chargers he had but had to back out. hes a very nice man. he doesnt run a business, he just has it on his farm. hes owned over i think 300 first gen camaros etc etc. very nice man to talk about cars.

he told me he was offered 3000 for a 70 charger for a man to cut it up for a restrant and he turned it down. he only wants someone to enjoy the cars and restore them not cut them up....

·
Registered
9 Posts
At a 1.5 million dollar investment, just think of all the WORK till you got your 1.5 million back. I think I'd keep my money and be done with it. It is a shame cause although there's alot of junk there, I bet it got people drooling over alot of it too. He should just take offers on individual parts and get what he can. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
Very fun to look at. I love this picture. I would love to just look around for a day, or I guess a week. Also, I see that guys dirty hand in like 15 pictures. Its really funny actually. :yes:

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
Looks like 6 guard dogs there. Just to be sure no one will be stepping on that property when they arent supposed to be.:yes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.