Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A Muncie Main Case Number 3885010, Side Cover 3884685, Tail 3857584, Date P0316, And Tag Number Under A Side Cover Bolt 3877459. Ten Splint One Ring Input Shaft I Was Told That It Came From A 1966 Chevelle Ss. According To What I Have Read Most Everything Fits But I Can Not Find Anything On The Transmission Tag. Does Anyone Have A Reference Book That Will Tell What This Trans Was Originally Placed In??? Thanks For Any Help

·
Premium Member
7,454 Posts
The trans is a typical 66 Chevelle Muncie M-21... P0316 tells us it is a 66 and 03 = March and 16 = the day.

Beyond that I am not sure what you are looking to find out.. there should be a VIN stamped on the case also.. likely on driver side of case lip or maybe on top of case lip if the car it went in was a Fremont built 66 .

Info is found in the 66 AIM as well as the Fact CD below and many other sources.

Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Very Much For The Info. You Have Confirmed What I Already Thought. What I Was Hoping Was That Someone Could Tell Me What The 3877459 Tag Number Indicated, There Is No Vin Number On This Transmission. For Example I Know That There Are Some Tag Numbers Associated With Certain Corvette Transmissions. I Was Just Trying To Find Out If That Tag Ties It To A Particular Gm Car.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts