Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Muncie (for 1in cluster shaft) main case they want to part with? AND YES, I've placed a wanted ad. But I thought I'd check here also. I need one (for the 70) with a tight hole for the cluster shaft---------------------CASTING NUMBER IS NOT IMPORTANT--------------any 010, 660, 661.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I just rebuild my M20 into a new supercase - still got the old case but I am hanging on to it until I get a couple good test drives in to make sure all is well. Might be another 3-4 months, as I need to finish assembling the rest of the car first.

Provided all goes well, mine will be available if you are willing/able to wait a couple months. 3925660 casting from 1970. It did leak a little fluid from the front countershaft bore though, sounds like maybe that is why you're asking around.

Let me know.

·
Registered
13,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just rebuild my M20 into a new supercase - still got the old case but I am hanging on to it until I get a couple good test drives in to make sure all is well. Might be another 3-4 months, as I need to finish assembling the rest of the car first.

Provided all goes well, mine will be available if you are willing/able to wait a couple months. 3925660 casting from 1970. It did leak a little fluid from the front countershaft bore though, sounds like maybe that is why you're asking around.

Let me know.
Yep, that's why I need one. If the leak is not too bad, I can fix it. Although, I need one soon.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yep, that's why I need one. If the leak is not too bad, I can fix it. Although, I need one soon.
Gotcha. I'll let you know when mine is available but don't wait up :) .
Pretty sure this would need to be bored out and sleeved if you wanted to fix it for good, so it probably isn't any better than what you have already.

Is a new case an option? Best price I could find for one was $245 from 5speeds.com.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I have one that I don't need. It from the late 60's early 70's. I'll check the dia. of the lower shaft. It's been sitting in the same spot for 35+yrs.

·
Registered
13,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have one that I don't need. It from the late 60's early 70's. I'll check the dia. of the lower shaft. It's been sitting in the same spot for 35+yrs.
OK, let me know.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
It is a 1" lower shaft. The shaft is very clean and fits snug in the case

·
Registered
13,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trosky,
PM sent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts