Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a muncie m21 that is going into a chevelle what type clutch and pressure plate should i run . motor is a 327 built pretty stought nothing major .

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Unlike Rich, I have heard bad things about Centerforce clutches. Mostly that they don't hold up after a 1000 miles. But a lot of guys in here like them. I had my local speed shop make a kevlar/organic combo for $650. I would do that. JMO.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
ALLLLLLLLL of my cars have the big, 168 teeth flywheel and 11in clutch. I have always had excellent success with 11in diaphragm clutches from parts stores such as NAPA, O'Reilly, etc.
In preparing for CB08, I just replaced the clutch in the 70 with a SB400. It was NOT having any problems, but it has been in there for about 10yrs and I felt it was on borrowed time. Since I run the 70 down the strip several times at CB, I just thought this was the year to replace it. The pressure plate looked good, but the disc was getting thin. I replaced it with one of O'Reilly's regular clutches.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Our old Chevelle went close to 200K miles on the original clutch with a disc change at about 130K. We've put over 30K miles on our L78 car and heaven knows how many miles previous owners put on it. Never had a problem with the stock GM 11" clutch. Now, slicks might have shortened the clutch life. I'll stick with stock until I see something better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts