Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this should be here, Body Shop forum or Chevelle Tech, but I was wondering if a Saginaw 4 speed sits differently than a Muncie. Reason I ask, is I bought a console for my 67, so I cut out the non console hump to weld in a console hump, and it's not even close to fitting. Seems like the shifter is sitting up way to high on the tranny.

This picture shows the non console hump. Notice how the shifter is up through the hole? I had to cut the hole bigger just for it to fit

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I almost have it working. There was some monstrous mounting bracket on the Saginaw, which was hitting the floor, and the new hump. I took the mounting bracket off of the Muncie (I have a Muncie, but was waiting for my motor swap to install it) and it bolted up, with a little elbow grease. Now I just need to adjust the linkage, since all I have is 1st and 3rd gear

·
Registered
763 Posts
Animal 69 is right. The shifter on a Muncie is a little more forward than the shifter on a Saginaw.

I used to have a Saginaw after a converting from an automatic PG to a four speed. I had to cut the hump so the shifter would fit.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is turning into a major PITA! No way does any of my linkage line up correctly when I use the mounting plate from my Muncie. I've been laying out in the street, on my back trying to get this working, and of course it's raining today. So far only about 6 hours into this minor project

I was able to get the car into my (tiny) garage, and am just going to attempt to install the Muncie. Will my driveshaft work? (Or should I say 'should' it work, because it won't). This will bolt right up to the bellhousing, right?

So far nothing is going right today. Been trying to track down a BB crank balancer bolt, and finally found one online from karlperformanceparts.com, only to find out I just spent $17 on two damn washers!! If someone was near, they could buy a Chevelle real cheap right now :clonk::angry::clonk::angry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.