Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to check out a MSD6AL box? My car shut off and wouldn't start until I changed the distributor,"Because you have to take out the innerds," It was easier than trying to replace that stuff while the distributor was in the car. With the box unhooked it started. Can they be sent back for a factory overhaul? Thanks, Rick.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have your instructions for the MSD, it has a troubleshooting section in it. After verifying the power wires are getting power and the ground is good, disconnect the 2 wire harness that goes the the distributor's magnetic pick-up. Take a jumper wire and momentarily connect the 2 wires together. There should be a spark at the coil wire everytime you do this. If not, send it to MSD for repair. I just had mine repaired and it costed $27 plus shipping. works good now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
check to see if you fried your rpm chip on the bottum.You should be able to check it with an ohm meter like you would check a fuse.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Go to MSD's web page , they show you how to check it with other support data as well.

[This message has been edited by Aug98 (edited 05-23-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.