Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone--I recently converted my stock system to the MSD ignition system, coil and distributor for my 69 4dr chevelle w/ 250 inline 6. We had to replace the spark plug wires to 8mm spirals, but it still won't turn over. We are checking the HEI to make sure its hooked up and we dont think that it is. Where do we run a wire to/from for that? Any other possible problem solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lindsay

·
Registered
659 Posts
you need to make sure that you remove the resistor (or resistor wire) if you haven't done that already. I think the 69s had a resistor, earlier had a resistor wire. The resistor would lower the voltage supply so the points would not burn up in the stock distributor(MSD can use full voltage since it doesn't use points).

if you have the ready to run MSD (no external "6al" box), you need to run the red wire to positive coil, orange to negative coil, and black to ground. the power supply wire goes to the positive coil terminal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If everything is hooked up correctly turn yuor key to the on position and jump your starter by jumping the two terminals. If the car fires its the ignition switch which is located under the dash. I recently had the same problem during my conversion and my ignition switch went bad.

good luck, Russell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts