Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently *this weekend* installed a MSD Pro billet distributor/MSD 6AL box. I mounted my 6al box in the trunk but the box buzz's The wiring connecting to everything is just ok *fixing wiring this weekend* i made sure the ground was very good though. The box is mounted about 8"'s away from my speaker in the back and am wondering if the magnet is causing interference. If anyone here has had issues with that let me know, i contacted MSD but am still waiting for a reply.

Thanks a lot gBaLL

BTW car runs great after installing dizzy and box WOW what a difference

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any radio interference, it actually got better when i replaced my spark plug wires with msd's helicore wires

L

·
0 Posts
Are you referring to radio distortion or is the box itself buzzing? My MSD definitely buzzes all on its own. It's mounted on the pass side firewall above the heater box. It's most noticeable after I've been driven for a while and the box is starting to get warm.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not radio distortion, the box just buzzes when the car is running and was wondering if since it is somewhat close to a magnet that that was causing the buzz but it seems lots of other peoples boxes buzz.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts