Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Yes.

6al bullet proof? I don't think you can say that. I have a box of 6 dead 6a/6al's and 1 6btm.

I did buy a used 6al-2 off a friend, he used it for 3-4 seasons and i've used it for 3 seasons.

Definitely a great box.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I had mine mounted on top of the glove box / under the dash pad of my '70, and the 'chirping' noise it made drove me nuts. Moved it back to the engine compartment. YMMV.

-Dave

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I had mine mounted on top of the glove box / under the dash pad of my '70, and the 'chirping' noise it made drove me nuts. Moved it back to the engine compartment. YMMV.

-Dave
Don't think I will hear much over the open headers lol... :D

·
Premium Member
1971 Chevelle. Carb’d 6.0 LS Th350 3.90 12 Bolt. 1972 Greenbrier Wagon 489, 700r4 3,73 12 bolt
3,270 Posts
I have one I was thinking of using. Looks like alot of nice features.....

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Last 6AL had problems, now runing the 6530. So far so good. Mounted on a panel under the dash. Using multiple rev limiters, start retard, launch control, all work like advertised.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
MSD is not the same company as it was. I would get a Daytona Sensors and not look back. 100% USA built

I like my Daytona Sensors.
Guy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Had mine just under 2 years, been mounted on Passenger Inner Guard entire time, no issues, all programmed with Timing Curve, Launch Retard, three RPM Limits, great product.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Daytona Sensors is way more than I need or am looking for.
The MSD 6530 is almost more than I willing to spend.
Everything works fine with the 6AL.
I'm just thinking about being lazy setting up the timing curve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts