Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, was about to post this question to MS tech support, but it seems that you only get one free one and then you have to pay. That is nice of them. I don't think this is a particularly tricky one, but when I attach a file in an email, every since I started using Office 2003 (was using XP), it puts the file as an icon right in the middle of the body of the email where the cursor was, rather then putting it underneath the subject line at the top of the email. Any ideas how to solve this?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I couldnt find any option, but are you attaching a picture? If you are and you use Insert>>Picture>>From file..., it will place the picture in the body of the email. Just use the regular attachment icon in the toolbar or Insert>>File... and the attachment will now appear in the "attachment" area of the email. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The attachment does go where I have the cursor placed, but the best I can do with that is to either have the icon appear at the top or the bottom of the body of the email. I still can't get it to appear as just a hyperlink (sort of) with the file name right under the subject line. Here is a screen shot of what I am talking about:

Hope that helps describe my issue a bit better. Thanks for the quick responses so far guys!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Maybe I found something. in Outlook (not in a new message) click Tools>>Options... go to the Mail Format tab, make sure "Compose in this message format:" is set to HTML, this might help ya out! Let me know if it helps!

·
Premium Member
15,332 Posts
There must be a an option somewhere. When I attach a file in my outlook 2k3 it adds an attachment line right under the subject line.

Aha! just like 64 mentions change your setting to plain text or HTML and you get the attachment line. In Rich text it puts it in the email body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.