Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was a young adult, I grew a mustache. I shaved it off after 20 years when I got a grey streak. Many moons later I've regrown it. It past the prickly part but it's rather wild looking so I thought I would add some wax to give it a better appearance. Does anyone else use wax and how often do you have to apply it?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Al, you gotta post a picture of the mustache! we can give you better advice with a picture :wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I started my 'stache 12-15-71. Never used anything on it. keep it trimmed up all the time. Used to be brown, been white for over 20 years now.

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All in fun...you asked for it.:wink2:
PS. I know it needs to be trimmed. I'm waiting for the delivery of the trimmer I bought online.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
l:)Thanks Al! Guys I know use all types. They are basically the same just with different added for appearance(stiff, shiny, natural). Using a brush will clean it up nicely.

·
Premium Member
6,211 Posts
There is a guy near here that makes and sells products for this type thing ,I think its Mountain Man Beard Products .

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got the wax. There was one that was heavier and one that was lighter which I bought. I put it on last night to try it out. By this morning, it appeared to be gone. I hope it's not like lip balm you have to put on multiple times a day.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Here is what works for me. Your mileage may vary. :)

I've had a goatee for 22 years now. I use my own version of the Darwin theory on it.

What I do is comb it straight down each morning just before I shave, and inevitably a few are sticking out funny. So, I use the sideburn trimmer on my razor to gently cut the tips of ornery ones off until it looks good and none are sticking out at too bizarre of an angle.

After a while, only the straight ones continue to survive, and if you keep with it each day, it looks much more managed without a whole lot of work.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Been over 30 years since I had a handlebar mustache. Use to apply the wax once a day in the morning. However I do remember if it was an extra hot day and sweating or if it got wet in the rain it was time for a do-over. Washed right out in the shower.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Same here. First time it looked reasonable was 1970 and only shaved it off twice in my 20's and grew it back instantly. I have tried wax but briefly. Mine started out brown and has been white a long time. Natural seems to work best.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Had mine ever since I could grow it in the 60's. Chap Stick regular works pretty good for those errant folicles. Yep, it's white now.

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In the event you're following along, I recommend the wax posted above if you have a very course and curly mustache. It has tamed mine. I actually enjoy using the wax as it smells nice and is a satisfying release for a fidget. It is not sticky as I had feared, it's more like a conditioner. I use it 1-2 times a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts