Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '68 originally had a 307. I've built up a '72 350 to drop in it. The frame mounts were missing from this sled when I bought it. From my research I've learned that I'm gonna have to do a little engineering to make this work, because the 307 frame and motor mounts will not work with the 350 block.(is this true?) So what I did was talk to a guy at a local speed shop and he hooked me up with some Moroso solid engine/frame mounts which he said would be bolt- ons. I have since checked out some other '68 frames w/o engines but with the frame mounts still intact. I noticed that the frame mounts overhang 2 inches or so forward of the cross-member. My Moroso frame mounts do not in their currently installed position, using 3 of the factory drilled holes in the crossmember. Does this mean that in the current position my motor would be too far back when installed? Am I gonna run into tranny(th350) clearance problems? Should I shut the he11 up and do a million test fittings and leave you guys alone? Thanks!

·
Read Only
589 Posts
Walter,
Do a search on my name + frame mounts. You'll get the info you need.

------------------
Tino #28 Gold
72 Malibu 350-300,700R4
83 Grand Prix LJ 305

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Walter,

A couple of years ago my brother-in-law and I dropped a Target 350 in his '68 El Camino which originally had a 327. We did't have to do anything to the motor mounts and I'm pretty sure that the 307/327/350's all use the same mounts. We may have had to buy different rubber bushings. Check one of the catalogs like Ground Up or Year One for the bushings.

Greg

·
Registered
920 Posts
The mounts are the same between my last '68 with a 307, and my current '68 with a 327. The 350 is a drop in.

Good luck!

------------------
David Reinecke - aka - FINE 68
1968 Chevelle 300 Sport Coupe Deluxe
www.geocities.com/jdreinecke

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I just looked through a 2000 Moroso catalog and they do not list frame mounts for any Chevelle prior to 1973, however, they do list motor mounts. If you list the part number of the frame mounts you have I could double check what the catalog says it will fit. I have heard that 307 frame mounts are different from those used on 327 and larger displacement engines, however, they should work just fine. I would get a set of V8 frame mounts from any 68-72. Good luck.

Steve R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.