Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
I've been working on Chevy's for 35 years and I have never seen any after market power seat assemblies. If you get one from a donor car, get the entire harness and all the relays.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Bob, if you're using GM seats from an A body car of about '66 to no higher than '72, by all means go with the factory motorized floor tracks (wrecking yard?). But, if you're trying to utilize seats from another car of a later year, check with an aftermarket seat mfg. such as Recaro. Recaro would be the highest quality (as well as price), but other seat mfg's. will offer motorized track kits as well. Granted, they will be for mounting their seats to your car, but you may find something that will come close enough especially if they will supply you with measurements for mounting points. Maybe a trim or parts house in your area sells them? Check it out!
Rich

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
RT, who are some of the other manufacturers?
I checked Recaros, they are not full function, no forward/aft control. I have been toying with the idea of putting Lincoln power buckets in my 64 but hate the idea of sticking f#*d parts in it.

------------------
Philip Valentine
[email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear All,

I've visited Recaro. It seems its an aircraft seat manufacturer.
But I've contacted them for Power seat assimbly for Car.

Thanks

bob

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Recaro sells aftermarket seats, but has, and I believe still does supply OEM seating for many makes including Porsche, VW and others. The other manufacturer's names don'tcome to mind right now, but I'll check them out as I know where I can probably find a listing. Will repost later.
Rich

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bob/RT/64elcamino,
Hope this isn't too late. I was doing a search on aftermarket bucket seats and this topic came up. Recaro does make an electric seat (or two), but you're right, as far as I've been able to see, not with an electric track. Other functions such as reclining, raise and lower bucket, mid and low pneumatic lumbar support are available on the "Orthoped" and "Ergomed" models. They are verrry pricey, though.
I found a web site that has some application and pricing info on Recaro and other after market seats like, Corbeau, Momo, etc. It's "www.sportscar-parts.com".
I hope this helps.
BTW, I just got a great deal on some used Recaro's and plan on installing them during my interior redo (with a/c and SS dash). Let me know if you're interested in the result. I hope that it will be done in about 6-8 weeks. I have a couple of house projects to finish first. You know how that goes....

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
64elcamino
I've got buckets(?) from an 80ish el dorado in mine. They have full power, up/down, for/aft, tilt, and pass side has recline. I got the switches and wiring all at once. Put a relay between battery power and the seat power.
I use the original outside forward hole from my bench to locate the seat and drilled holes for the other 3. Used a spacer in the back to level. ALSO reinforced the floor pan. Used a piece of steel under each bolt.
Mine are about 3 inches apart in the middle-not quite enough room for a console. Before I ad carpetting I'm considering moving the seats slightly outboard to give enough room for a console of some sort. The only hassle there is the frame may get in the way of attaching the outside bolts. Plus I don't want to make my solid rust free
floorpan swiss cheese.

------------------
Rick Schaefer
72 El Camino
TPI 350/700r4
Aces #00140
TEAM CHEVELLE #00038
NCOA #16197

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
Rick, thanks for the info. I will keep looking for some GM seats. I will probably have to go to Phoenix or Tucson recycle yards to have a better selection.

Tsuki, I'll watch for your update and good luck with the house project. I'm repairing some minor rust on my floors so it will be a month or so until I have to have seating.

------------------
Philip Valentine
[email protected]

·
Registered
367 Posts
Just bolted the seats into my '67 last weekend. They're out of a '90 Pont Grand Am. I also used one original mounting and drilled the rest, reinforcing the floors. The driver's is 6-way power but the passenger's is manual. One powere wire to the seat and a ground to one of the bolts and I am *modernized*. They look good, feel comfortable, offer support and safety, and have enough room between for a console. I'm sure many others would also fit the bill. They're a 2-tone grey, and I'm covering the back seat, console and door panels to match.

------------------
Don - '67 Modified Malibu
"Under Construction"
Gold #43
I've heard that the memory is the second thing to go.
I don't remember what the first thing is!?

[This message has been edited by DaDon (edited 08-09-99).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.