Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everybody!

I'm going to store my Chevelle for the winter, and my buddy said to use evergeen smell moth balls in the interior to keep vermin out.

I'm only worried that come spring, the interior will smell like crap. Anybody out there used these, and if someone has a better suggestion, please let me know.

Btw, I forgot to mention that the car will be stored in a fairly new poll barn with a stone floor.

Thanks!!:)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I put regular moth balls around outside of garage, it forms a barrior. Then I put radiator hoses inside of car to hold down moisture, mouse traps around the car, inside I also put scented dryer sheets 1 box per car the POS hates it. BOB RIZZI

ON STONE FLOOR PUT TAR PAPER HOLDS DOWN MOISTURE AND POS DO NOT LIKE WALKING ON IT

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
They have 120V powered sonic critter repellers. Maybe stick a few of them in it and plug a few into your garage receptacles.

·
Registered
355 Posts
an old trick by a friend of mine who had a 57' chevy.when he put it in storage moisture would form on the base of the windowshield (inside)the use of a radiator hose absorbed the moisture.I own 3 chevelles and have been doing this for years and it works. Bob Rizzi

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
an old trick by a friend of mine who had a 57' chevy.when he put it in storage moisture would form on the base of the windowshield (inside)the use of a radiator hose absorbed the moisture.I own 3 chevelles and have been doing this for years and it works. Bob Rizzi

I'm not gettin it, What attracts the moisture?

LK

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Last winter the storage barn for our motorhome used moth balls (for the first time) all around the inside of the building - dirt floors.

Took 6 weeks to get the moth ball smell out. And we had all the windows and vents closed during storage

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm not gettin it, What attracts the moisture?

LK
The hose is rubber the inside draws moisture from the enclosed car, boats in storage use the same principle but use a bag, the hose works 2 in front and 2 in rear. been using moth balls around garage for years as long as garage is well sealed "stink" does not get in. dryer sheets (scented) balance everything out BOB RIZZI

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Dryer sheets inside and outside the car. Rodents hate em.....

·
Banned
4,650 Posts
My car was parked outside for 1 week unprotected. They moved in the headliner and now it needs to be replaced. Mothball odor is better to deal with than an eaten headliner. Mice waste no time.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Get a room with no heat and windows.Windows fog up and moisture rolls down window same principal. radiator hose absorbs the moisture. BOB RIZZI

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
go to critter-repellent.com.product is called shake away.used it last winter and it works.sprinkled it around and under the car and placed some on little paper plates in the trunk also the interior and under the hood. i had a bad problem with mice in the garage last year and found this stuff online.kept them away from the car .never saw any signs of mice in the garage after using it.took about 2 weeks but they were gone after that.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Myself, I had a rodent problem once. I tried the moth balls, mouse balls , even the small sparrow balls and nothing worked. Did the penut butter and spring trap, my wife didn't like that ...oh no........so I built a 240 volt (household voltage) electric mouse / rat trap.................got the zudigiles and zucolas every time.....it worked great.......never had a problem after that. I did use the pine scented wipes for the mouse that crawled away and died in the wall...............it worked.....it really did.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts