Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I WILL get this wiper motor working if it takes me forever! OK I am diagnosing a wiper motor that will not run. I cannot get any power from the light blue wire in any switch position. The black/yellow stripe wire shows 12 volts always. I pushed the switch to check the dark blue wire and nothing. Does this sound like a bad switch or a ground problem? I was thinking switch because I do get 12v from the black wire. I guess I should unplug the harness from the switch and check for power there? Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The wiper switch provides a ground to the motor. It's called ground switching. As long as you have 12 volts to the yellow wire, all the others go to ground to work.
The 12 volts you see on the black wire is from the motor. Black should not have any voltage in the ON position because it's a ground.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FIXED!! finally. I tested the switch as posted by Elree Colby and with some help from Mr. Muha, I finally have wipers. Not that I plan on using them. ;) The new motor I put on smoked also. I think it was just paint. Couldn't have fixed it without this board. Thanks again.
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts