Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't feel like sorting through 148 pages of just the 2002 tech, so please be patient with me... I just installed a 350ci/330hp Crate motor in the 65 SS, and have a few questions for the most reliable source I know!

1.) One wire alternator: I understand that I only need to run a heavy gauge (8?)wire to the batery from the alternator. How is the rest of the system energized? Do I attach all the original wires to the main lug of the alternator as well? Or omit just the wire that went to the regulator? Loose the regulator now?

2.) Distributor: I read somewhere that you need a melonized gear in All crate motors and steel camshafts like the zz4. Is that true? Does the 330hp model have the steel camshaft? The lift/duration, etc, is much less, plus its hydraulic, not a hydraulic roller. What is melonized, anyway? Any suggestions for a new distributor, if I need to mess with the gear? (Existing distributor is HEI, but not sure of the reliablity,age, etc. If I need the gear, I'm going all the way. Cheaper in the long run.)

Thanks !!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks John !

Thanks Dave !

Off to the parts store,,again! They see me more than my wife does. And I WORK with her ! I think I've replaced every part between the front emblem and the rear bumper..... :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts