Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this board, 'cause I have millions of questions!

What is the thingy, that stops water from running through the heater core when you turn the A/C on? It's got a hose that comes from the block, through it, then to the firewall, with a smaller hose coming out of it into the middle of the firewall. I need to replace it because it squirts water out. It's by the passenger strut tower.

Also, What is the easiest way to raise the rear end of my Chevelle? Air Shocks? Blocks? It's all stock right now.

Also, since my Chevelle used to have a vinyl top, but does not now, it still has all the chrome trim that would have gone around the topper. I want to remove that, but am worried about holes. Will I have rivet holes? What's the easiest way to patch those. Since it's not an actual dent, I won't have a surface to put bondo against, so it'll just fall right throught the hols the first bump I hit. So I thought of fiberglass applied to the inside of the body, put that's nearly impossible to do. Any suggestions?

------------------
Scott, 20
Dallas, 70 Chevelle Malibu

·
Registered
196 Posts
Its called a heater controll valve, put new springs in your car if it sags air shocks are not the best thing to use on the street, carefully remove the vinal top chrome strips and have someone fill in the holes and sell the trim in the for sale section its kinda pricy for the whole trim kit.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
If you want to jack up the rear, you might try putting in a set of used station wagon or el camino coils. I did that with a 66 GTO and it raised it just right and still handled decent. I had a determental effect on get away, the tires would spin to easily and lost many a stop light race. The trouble with the Chevelle's and air shocks is if you go to high the spring may come out of position on the top.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The best way to patch the trim holes would be to sand away to bare metal, weld the holes closed, then grind & sand until smooth.. then repaint of course

·
Registered
138 Posts
I agree with Mike. Even if you do not have a welding machine. A shop will probably only charge $25 -$50 to weld them up.

------------------

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Air bags are an excellent way to raise the rear of your car. They put the load where it belongs, on the spring mounts. Air shocks put excessive load on the shock mounts.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street

·
Registered
994 Posts
Lightly poke the body holes with a "square" punch or a small screw driver. This will give the bondo an irregular edge to "Hook" onto. However, the holes are so small that it shouldn't be a problem anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.