Chevelles.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lifetime Founding Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at my motor harness on the ignition side.
Can anyone tell me why the orange and white cloth covered wire would have been folded back and not used?
It turns into a yellow wire, that was used?
On the wire diagram O/W goes to the coil then the yellow goes on to the starter.
When I unwraped the harness the o/w wire was folded back and wraped up.
The o/w has a connector at the end it where it turns into the yellow wire that looks like it would be for a coil.(never been used, no marks)
The orange and white is coming from the same terminal as the 12 guage pink wire with the cloth covering, was it used for the coil in place of the o/w?

Any help is allways appreciated:

T.C.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sounds like someone may have replaced the harness. If the car doesn't have a HEI distributor in it, the orange/white with the yellow in it, is the correct one for the coil. Pink sounds like it would have gone to the Idle Stop Solenoid I assume is removed from the car.
There is a copy of the schematic in the assembly manual. Think they are about $18.00 from Ground Up.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply John:
I have the assembly manual, thats really helping me, but some things are still confusing and I know you guy's would know if the general changed things in the middle of production.
I dont know if they had HEI in 69? I can tell you the "c" shaped terminal on this wire has never been used and the wire looks new also.
The Idle Stop Solenoid if there was one is long gone.
Thanks again for the help!!!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The HEI would have been added to the car in later years. Didn't exist in 69.
The O/W is the correct one for a standard coil, not the pink wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts