Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with the molded Vinyl/Rubber floors that Trim Parts is selling?

Are they any good? How is the fit/finish.

I have a 68 300, and was thinking it'd be cool to replace the trashed carpet (repop) thats in it now with a correct rubber/vinyl floor like it would have had originally if they are any good.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,707 Posts
I had the ACC product in my '69 300 Deluxe SS. It was much heavier and thicker than the original stuff and had a different texture or grain. No heel pad in the pedal area either. It was not much like original but more accurate than carpet for a car that original had vinyl floor covering. It wasn't real flexible and a pain to get to lay down well against the floor pan. You have to trim the edges of course and the tendency is to trim too far at first before it settles down into the pan and pulls the edges in a little. I learned during the process that it really helps to close the car up with an electric heater inside for a while to get the int temp up into the 90's. That makes the vinyl softer and easier to work with.

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, thanks for the reply Von!

I'll have to see if I can find an ACC catalog to see theirs (probably special order), or see if its the same as what i see in my searches(ebay).

Not sure who makes the ones i see on ebay, i would think if they were ACC it would say it somewhere. These ones are about $250, so quite a bit more than a carpet set... but hopefully worth it... I like to be different.

Good tip on the heaters inside the car to warm it up!

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,707 Posts
I should add that I bought mine about 16 years ago so things could've changed by now.

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
I should add that I bought mine about 16 years ago so things could've changed by now.
I think things have not changed since you bought yours, Von....there's just not enough demand to make it worthwhile for all the tooling, etc. to make truly accurate reproductions :frown2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts