Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering restoring a '67 and would like to make it a daily driver. Looking for all the nicities, including EFI, power windows, disk brakes, etc. I'd also like to have a modern interior, possibly incorporating a modern dash from a '90's car, as well as new buckets, etc. I did a search and didn't find anything here similar. Has anyone tried this? Anyone know of particular modern car interiors that translate well? Front seats should be easy, probably have to go custom on the back seat. I'm guessing I'll just have to do a cardboard template of a Chevelle dash and go to a junkyard and see what I can get to fit well...

·
Premium Member
7,650 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, very nice, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Still would love to see a modern dash in a Chevelle...

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have seen a couple places that make new dashes for chevelles that have modern, full gauge packages.

They are not as fancy as modern dashes, but much better than stock.

------------------
Charles Perrell
[email protected]
65 malibu SS Convertible
283 2v powerglide

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I've seen this done in Camaros, but I haven't been able to locate a modern dash that will transplant into a Chevelle. There is a 73 Camaro that shows up at the two big indoor car shows in Dallas and Fort Worth every year that has a complete 93 Camaro interior in it. It's such a professional installation, you'd swear the 93 interior was THE interior that came in the car in 1973. But, I haven't able to find a suitable late model interior for a Chevelle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts