Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work we took delivery of a 2008 Ford 350 super duty. The truck was built february '07 and is titled as 2008 and the owners manual also says 2008 super duty. How can a manufacturer do this. Does this mean the 2009 vehicles will be out in September? Am I the only one that thinks this is just wrong?

Paul

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
It does seem a bit extreme. Back years ago when I worked in the indusrty, cars did the model year changeover in June or later and shipped new stuff in September, with trucks following by about 2 months. I don't get this new schedule stuff of building next year's car in February. Weird.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Alot of it has to do with the automaker's fiscal year. For an example, Nissan's fiscal year runs from April 1 to March 31st so all updated models are scheduled this way. Its also a way to capitalize on the vehicles age so even when a year old, they are still current so they don't have to year end deal them so much.

·
Registered
963 Posts
GM does it sometimes for CAFE numbers, they come out with the next model years so they can keep building the most popular sellers when the gas mileage of those popular models would hurt the corp fuel average.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts