Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to finish up this 1970 Misty Turq. Chevelle; Everyone who comes in loves the color, But had a guy today ask me if this color was used on anything else. Said he had never seen it before. I can't say I remember ever seeing it on anything other than a Chevelle either. Know it was one year only, But anyone else seen it on other models?
Lyle

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes Lyle, there was other GM cars with the same color but it was named differently.
I think it was a 70 only color though.
please post a pic of yours, I'm about to paint my convert the same color
Tommy

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I have seen a 70 impala that was misty Turquoise. It was available on all 1970 Chevrolet products to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a 70 SS 396 350hp 4speed with A/C from kansas leeds plant that the original color was Misty Turquoise, all 1970 chevelles I have ever seen in Misty Turquoise have been 454 does anyone have one with a 396 like mine?
thanks, Marty

·
Registered
461 Posts
WOW, not only are you the first Misty turquoise with a 396 I have ever heard of but the 1st 1970 chevelle with a 4 speed and A/C I have ever heard of, are these all factory items?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
yes. factory AC 4 speed no cowl induction. Sold new in california. I've seen a bunch of factory 4 speed ac cars. Not the most common, but they are out there.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
According to my 1970 Chevrolet sales album Misty Turquoise code 34 was available on all 70 Chevy's except Camaro and Corvette.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I have a 70 Monte Carlo in this color, and have seen a few others in the same color as well.

·
Premium Member
19,960 Posts
Buick, Olds, and Pontiac used the same color in 1970 with different names.

Buick - Aqua Mist
Olds - Reef Turquoise
Pontiac - Mist Turquoise

A very pretty color indeed!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Mine also does not have the cowl induction! you sound like you have a sister car to mine does anyome have any pics you could post?

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
According to my 1970 Chevrolet sales album Misty Turquoise code 34 was available on all 70 Chevy's except Camaro and Corvette.
True. My 1970 Camaro brochure does not list Misty Turquoise, but the other models do. Corvettes had their own colors for the most part.

He's a 1970 Bel Air Sport Coupe (Canada only) in Misty Turquoise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a misty turquoise chevelle ss454 ls5. From what I understand it only available with the chevelle, el camino and monte carlo in 1970. All other models were special order

·
Premium Member
3,640 Posts
Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead...... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts