1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
I believe the upper number is a processing number. The rear bumper is wrong. He doe's say that the int. has been changed. Giving him the benifit of the doult, The rear bumper "could" have been replaced.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know but you could get a non-CI LS6 car.
I just reviewed many buildsheets, and all the ones I looked at the Number in the upper right corner matched the last 6 of the VIN.
Something is not sitting right with me, someone with more knowledge please chime in.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I also do not agree. you all have made good points. he has the smog pump but dont have the smog pump manifolds. and also if you look real close at the water pump pulley it is not a deep groove. mine belt sits way down in the bottom of the v. also if that color was not RPO then he wont have a paint code. stripe delete's had ci and pins just no stripes but still had a paint code or xx --. just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Bottom line - that is not the build sheet for the car since it does not match the VIN.

I sent the seller a message asking about the mismatch. Let's see if/what he replies...

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Damn shame what they did to that dash

No doubt, why do that insted of mounting them under the dash, not cutting anything? I did not think any SS chevelle came w/ the Cowl Ind. standard? It was a option, therefore the dual snorkel air cleaner, C.I. air cleaner, etc. depending on how it was optioned?

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
I just heard back from the seller - turns out he accidentally used the sequence number as the last 6 digits of the VIN. So, it looks like sheet and car match after all :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
19,751 Posts
The top right number on the build sheet (184206) is the VIN sequence number, I assume the seller simply listed the dp sequence number 859559 as the VIN by mistake. You'd think he'd look at the VIN plate on the dash, but... :noway:

For a March 25 car it does fall outside the last VIN reported by GM for March in KC (184004) but I've seen other examples where VIN fell outside the numbers reported by GM.

ZL2 Cowl Induction was always an option, be it L34, LS5 or LS6.

A lot of engine details are incorrect and those dash mounted gauges are a big minus. Unless the engine and the rest of the driveline is the original it seems like a lot of money for a run-of-the-mill (albeit a clean car) 70 Chevelle. Too expensive for a driver and, again depending on the drivetrain, not currently nice enough for a restored car but could be put back to original I suppose.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
also this guy thinks he has a six figure car :rolleyes:
people are watching to much Barret jackson

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
I can attest to the authenticity of this car. It has the correct engine, minus carb and distributor. The car is a low mile desert car. The owner got the car from Arizona in the mid '80's. It is pretty much the way he bought it. Some previous owner added the gauges, and changed the interior to buckets/console. It has the deep groove pulleys. The engine compartment picture is from last summer, and yes, there are a couple of things missing in the pic, the TCS solenoid and relay for one thing come to mind. They are with the car now. The car has been driven and enjoyed for the last 20 years, hence it is not "showroom condition". but is one of the cleanest numbers matching LS6's with a real buildsheet that you could find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts