Chevelles.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok more help
These 2 little metal fuse box type things, I have no clue what they are for. When I turn over my starter I think one of them makes a ticking sound. I was just going to mount them to the firewall/ground. Not sure what they are though...

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
I'll take a wild a** guess. I'll probably be wrong but no harm, Muha will give the right answer. Wiper motor relay and TCS relay. Don't have an automatic in my car so the TCS relay is really a guess.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent really tested yet, but I was going to unplug them one at a time and see if the horn worked still, in the ground up book it looks like they might be the horn relay and AC relay. I gutted my AC so I think I may be able to delete one of these.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, you're right it is on the rad support. I did have AC, so one of them should be. That leaves a mystery relay! Probably wiper motor, what is TCS?

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
Transmission Controlled Spark, actually I think it was used on manuals as well as auto. Anyway I don't have one. Disables vacumm advance until trans is in high gear.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Me? Hard to see. The thing closest with the wires looks like a horn relay on a 72. These cars don't have an external wiper relay.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
I’m pretty sure they are both TCS related. The one in the back is a reversing relay and the one in the front is a delay relay. Is your car a late production 71 or did it originally have the inline six? What is the color of the wires on the two relays? I’m guessing you don’t have the TCS solenoid or the idle stop. If so you don’t need the two relays.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts