Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you 66/67 guys with rollbar/cages... I read some threads about putting glass in, and read the assembly manual on how to put it in, then I went to give it a whirl. I've got the forward track pair in there loosely and I can't even get it close to starting because I can't cant the glass inboard there to swoop it in. Is there a trick to putting quarter glass in with a rollbar or am I about to do some cutting and set this thing back a month or so???

Thanks in advance,
TJ

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I just installed my quarter windows on my 66 a couple weeks ago. With the foward track pair in loosely (like you have) tilt the quarter window forward 90 degrees and move the window in from the front, just clearing the cutout in the door jamb. Guide the window so the forward roller engages the forward track. Then rotate the window upright while moving it farther so the front roller moves down the first track. You need to move the window in and rotate it upright at the same time so the rear roller engages the rear track. This is a trial and error process and I found that cussing helps. I don't think the roll cage should interfere since the window goes in from the door opening and does not need to be tilted toward the inside of the car. While installing the window and rotating it upright I kept the window inside the roofline weatherstrip channel (I did not have the weatherstrip in yet when I installed the windows). If you get pissed, stop and take a break - I did a few times - but ended up getting both windows in without a single scratch on the paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts