·
Premium Member
69 chevelle malibu convertible
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
I've got a lincoln 180, it works great - I never have it turned up past the halfway point so I don't know why this one wouldn't work just as good.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Hmmmmmm, you've got a vert that needs body work & your buying your father a mig welder.

good thinking!

makes me wish I bought MY father BB chevy stuff!.......................no he doesn't have a BBC

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
Hmmmmmm, you've got a vert that needs body work & your buying your father a mig welder.

good thinking!

makes me wish I bought MY father BB chevy stuff!.......................no he doesn't have a BBC
LOL, I'm buying my wife a bead blasting cabinet for our aniversary :D

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

good thinking!

Dan, he's buying the welder for himself... my present is to do all the research, with these criteria
1) not home depot
2) not in the city
3) someplace that will sell us the welder AND the gas, and also refill our oxygen, acetylene, and argon tanks.

and i got him some lionel trains. the welder is actually more my step-mom.

LOL, I'm buying my wife a bead blasting cabinet for our aniversary :D
that sounds like an awesome gift andy! :thumbsup:

This lincoln is looking like a go after discussing with my stepmom. I sent e very generic email to the company's head office stating i wanted to buy a mig welder, and that is the exact model they suggested even though they carry the entire line of lincoln and miller.

do you guys think $145 for a 40 cubic foot tank of 74/25 argon/CO2 is good? that's the purchase price of the tank full.

·
Registered
20,389 Posts
the welder is for your stepmom? yikes

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, nah. it's more like her gift to my dad. i think she wanted us to get rid of the chevelle a while ago, but now that she knows it's here to stay she's embraced it and is all for my dad getting the welder.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
$145 sounds about right, its about $40 to fill after that, although I'm not sure what a 40 cubic foot tank size is, mine is about waist high and thats what price I'm basing it on.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,755 Posts
That's the exact welder I have and I'm doing body work with it right now. It works very well. I paid $180 for an 80 cu ft tank full of C25 gas.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Pretty sure that one has 4 settings on each control. I looked at those before getting the one I have.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts