Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
70 Chevelle SS Convertible 396 4 speed. OEM accelerator cable has a a metal cylindrical end with a hole that goes over the ball on the quadrajet. The metal clip that slips around this cylindrical part and
Accelerator clip.jpg
Accelerator clip 2.jpg
snaps over the ball on the carb broke in half. Any idea what this is called and can I get one without having to buy the whole cable? My jury rigging isnt working LOL! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Buy the new cable..... Nothing lasts forever.

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
856 Posts
GM's "planned obsolescence" at work

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,421 Posts
It sure looks like it will work. Will let you know when it comes !
I did a Google Search for GM Accelerator Cable Clips and that one looked familiar. A lot of times even though they are Corvettes the repro parts still will fit other GM models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did a Google Search for GM Accelerator Cable Clips and that one looked familiar. A lot of times even though they are Corvettes the repro parts still will fit other GM models.
Seems to be holding pretty well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you purchase a new cable be really careful when snapping over the ball as the joint is cheaply made and will break. I know I had to buy a second cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts