Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thought I would let you guys know If you are in the area or comming buy memphis let me know I found a 40yr old junkyard and they have never crushed anything. I found a 69 12bolt pt unit with original gm tag saying pozi fluid only he has had it for 20years 350.00. Manifold cast for holley carb, now most engines BB are gone but he has several chevelles minus front clips,but this guys got alot of 50,60 from stutabaker truks to alot of impalas 59,60 I think every year.I saw one 59 impala with GM flag on chrome not sure what that was but he has 3000 cars some I couldn't see well like 69 camaro covered in (kudzu?)others with our warm weather it hasn't cleared yet to see others but who knows what is underneath.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Shame on me, but I sure would like to run across a 58 Chev in decent shape just because nobody else likes them.

Rick
67ss bb
TC #326
But all it needs is a harmonic balancer.....

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Hey Rick, nobody USED to like them, but nowadays enough do-so much so that I saw a rough but restorable '58 convertible at Carlisle and the owner was asking 17,500!
Rat, do you know if there are any '69 convertible rear clips in usable shape at that yard?
Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey 69SS
You wouldn't want be a go between for me. I'm looking for a full gauge cluster for my 67SS. See if he's got some and what kinda shape there in and email me with the price and how good of shape they are? Thought I'd ask don't ahve anything like that around here

------------------
Tom
Belleville, IL
67SS Yellow right now :(
Member #409

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys I will keep my eyes open for these items I dont think there is a 69 convertable but I do know where one might be I will try to look when I go to north carolina after 1st of year.Rickin there are plenty of 58 cars ,conv or what? MADmax I will look I didn't see any 67s chevelles but I didn't look long big place, but I will keep my eyes open for you.

Mike

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Rat,
I am going to be in Memphis this week! My parents live in Senatobia. I am going to have to go to that wrecking yard! Please post a reply or email me with directions on how to get there. It sounds like a gold mine! My email address is [email protected].

Thanks
--Jerry--

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chevy,
The junkyard is Rogers on starlaning rd. Take hwy55 to goodman rd in southaven ms. go west on goodman rd to 301 go south about 2 miles starlanding is on rt turn right go about 1/2 mile it is on left cant miss it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does Billy still run the place?? I used to live in Memphis and bought parts from him for a 56 chevy drag car I had.

Dan

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BigDan,
Yes Billy still runs the place,his dad Cowboy passed away last febuary from cancer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Rat,
I just wanted to thank you again for the info. I am in the Memphis area now and I went to the wrecking yard today. WOW! What a discovery! I will be back there for sure. I could walk around that place for hours. Thanks again man!

--Jerry--

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can anyone tell me the number for the place? I tried to get it from informaton, but got a Rick's auto sales & title pawn of something like that. I called but didn't get an answer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Finding yards like that is better than a gold mine.There is a place similar to that right outside of Gadsden,Alabama called Gibbs Bros.They have cars as far back as the 30'. They only crush the late model stuff and hang on to the older stuff.Gibbs has 50+acres of automobiles.Chevelles,camaro's 55-57 chevy's,.You name it they probably have it. There are several other yards in this area not as large but just as equaly stocked in the old car area.E-mail me and I will send info on all these yards.The deep south is loaded with many of these type of salvage yards.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey br549,
The name of the place is W.J. Rogers Auto Parts and Salvage. The business number is 601-781-0440. His residence is 601-781-0273.
Let me know if you have any trouble.

--Jerry--

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I remember a small article in one of my mags that I subscribe to that did a little write up about the finds in this 'yard. Is it near a dragstrip? If I remember correctly it is near one. Or maybe I'm just getting old LOL. Good luck with the finds there...If there is one there has to be more like this lost yard around the country. Okay boys...where are they?

------------------
I need GM style rear 1/4's for 70-72!! e-mail me.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys he wont ship you anything you have to go by there but let me know what you are looking for and I will go by and see and if you want it I will pick it up and get it to you. Ex.He has a gutted 70SS the rear bumper with pad is perfect the whole car whats left is 200.00

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey br549 the # 256-538-8326.

------------------
There is no replacement for displacement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.