Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a source for the BIG blade type fuse to protect the whole system? Its a black or red holder with a plugin 100A fuse. I've searched all over the Internet looking.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is this, Autozone? :rolleyes: OK, I guess it is an obvious question. Any car, its just a fuse holder that mounts on the firewall.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Don't know a source but why a fuse? They are more prone to popping. Why not a circuit breaker?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Dean. Yep, the whole thing, holder and fuse. I've seen them on several cars, just haven't been able to talk to owners to find source.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think Painless has them (I think you mean the Mega-fuse that mounts usually on the firewall?). Probably available from the equivalent kind of place as well.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Here is a link to some I get from Aamp Of America. They call them Maxi Fuses. The link shows up to an 80A fuse but it seems to me they sell 100A ones too.
http://www.stingerelectronics.com/web/prods/fuse_holders.asp

Most of the better car audio shops should be able to order them or have them in stock.

Aamp also sells circuit brakers that have a button on them to trip them off and are resettable by moving an arm on them. They have studs on them to accept ring terminals.

Jim

·
Premium Member
9,705 Posts
Took a look in Newark's catalog and found the Maxi fuses up to 80A , but could not find the holder. They describe it as an automotive fuse to replace fusible links.

·
Registered
961 Posts
My local industrial supply house has all sorts of Maxi/Mega fuses.

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts