Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some really nice cars going across the floor right now.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yea, I watched that same segment. Really nice and maybe went for low prices . . . . ??? I guess the price would depend on what the eyes of the bidders see.

Rick

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I watched that same segment. Really nice and maybe went for low prices . . . . ??? I guess the price would depend on what the eyes of the bidders see.

Rick
I was actually surprised the LS6’s we going so cheap. Did you see that 69 351 (Windsor) Mach1 go for over $115,000. Crazy prices for our cars. All cars new and old are big bucks now. $100k for a Chevelle is a drop in the bucket today.

·
Premium Member
Rochester, New York
1,650 Posts
I know they came from one collection, but I think that selling all them LS6's back to back to back would not be the best way to get the most money.
Spreading them out over the week would have been my choice.

·
Registered
Vancouver BC Canada
1,718 Posts
Agreed raider They flooded the economy so to speak with the high end Chevelles that the prices were decent...
I see even the clone cars went for large dollars.. Covid did one thing...made people save money and now they want to spend it...

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
I too thought the $ were low on the '70 LS-6's and '71 LS-5's. But earlier in the day, a '93 Fox Mustang brought $100K!!

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,669 Posts
I thought Joe Dirt was a Mopar guy.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Been watching this afternoon...six figures seems to be the norm and seven figures don't appear to be so rare. sure seems to be plenty of $$ around, at least at the auction. What do you suppose B-J will look like?

·
Premium Member
13,601 Posts
I watched some last night about 8pm-9:30 pm and flipping channels. Last night a lot of Corvettes and Cobras. Cobras into seven figures. Corvettes $150K-$250K. They was one very nice dark red and gray 55 Chevy resto mod. Think that went for $150K. I agree lots of people with money to burn.

·
Registered
Vancouver BC Canada
1,718 Posts
It's like they just got out of prison and have a wad of cash to burn! First stop the car auction...So it means that the auctions for me are out of my price unless I am willing to do more work...Like I need that now? But also that our cars are going up in value which also means insurance will also at least where I live.

Reactions: DUKE 69

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Fed pumped $5T in the economy and it is finding its way into everything.

The S&P 500 Price index returned 26.61% in 2021. Using a better calculation which includes dividend reinvestment, the S&P 500 returned 28.41%.

I wonder if the "collection sellers" are selling - because they think the prices are up there, or selling one collection and move to another collection.

Alex

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Fed pumped $5T in the economy and it is finding its way into everything.

The S&P 500 Price index returned 26.61% in 2021. Using a better calculation which includes dividend reinvestment, the S&P 500 returned 28.41%.

I wonder if the "collection sellers" are selling - because they think the prices are up there, or selling one collection and move to another collection.

Alex
Could be some of both. In any case there was some crazy money changing hands!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My buddy was there yesterday for Saturday bidding. A couple cars he saw go across the block.
1. A 63 split window corvette, nothing crazy, just a nicely restored 340 HP 327 finished in silver with red interior. Gaveled at 330K
2. A 70 Olds 442. W-30, 455, 4 speed convertible. Gaveled at 242K

I'm blown away at what folks are paying for these cars........

·
Super Moderator
4,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dirt cheap interest rates, a booming economy and a growing housing market allows for cheap $ loans and a lot of cash in hand. Can't take it with you either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts